The Labor Supply Of Self-Employed Workers: The Choice Of Working Hours In Worker Co-Ops
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pencavel, John, 2015. "The labor supply of self-employed workers: The choice of working hours in worker co-ops," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 677-689.
- Pencavel, John, 2014. "The Labor Supply of Self-Employed Workers: The Choice of Working Hours in Worker Co-ops," IZA Discussion Papers 8561, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kirk Doran & Bruce Schaller, 2010.
"A Shred of Credible Evidence on the Long‐run Elasticity of Labour Supply,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 77(308), pages 637-650, October.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kirk Doran & Bruce Schaller, 2009. "A Shred of Credible Evidence on the Long Run Elasticity of Labor Supply," Working Papers 1180, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Doran, Kirk & Schaller, Bruce, 2010. "A Shred of Credible Evidence on the Long Run Elasticity of Labor Supply," IZA Discussion Papers 4810, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Orley C. Ashenfelter & Kirk B. Doran & Bruce Schaller, 2010. "A Shred of Credible Evidence on the Long Run Elasticity of Labor Supply," NBER Working Papers 15746, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kirk B. Doran & Bruce Schaller, 2010. "A Shred of Credible Evidence on the Long Run Elasticity of Labor Supply," Working Papers 1203, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Colin Camerer & Linda Babcock & George Loewenstein & Richard Thaler, 1997.
"Labor Supply of New York City Cabdrivers: One Day at a Time,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 407-441.
- Camerer, Colin & Babcock, Linda & Loewenstein, George & Thaler, Richard, 1996. "Labor Supply of New York City Cab Drivers: One Day At A time," Working Papers 960, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Burdín, Gabriel & Dean, Andrés, 2012.
"Revisiting the objectives of worker-managed firms: An empirical assessment,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 158-171.
- Gabriel Burdín & Andrés Dean, 2008. "Los objetivos de una empresa gestionada por sus trabajadores : un análisis sobre el caso uruguayo," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 08-10, Instituto de Economia - IECON.
- Fakhfakh F. & Perotin V. & Gago M., 2009.
"Productivity, Capital and Labor in Labor-Managed and Conventional Firms,"
Working Papers ERMES
0910, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Fathi Fakhfakh & Virginie Perotin & Monica Gago, 2011. "Productivity, Capital and Labor in Labor-Managed and Conventional Firms," TEPP Working Paper 2011-08, TEPP.
- Fathi Fakhfakh & Virginie Pérotin & Monica Gago, 2011. "Productivity, Capital and Labor in Labor-Managed and Conventional Firms," Working Papers halshs-00838518, HAL.
- Pencavel, John & Craig, Ben, 1994. "The Empirical Performance of Orthodox Models of the Firm: Conventional Firms and Worker Cooperatives," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 718-744, August.
- Craig, Ben & Pencavel, John, 1992. "The Behavior of Worker Cooperatives: The Plywood Companies of the Pacific Northwest," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1083-1105, December.
- Michael P. Keane, 2011. "Labor Supply and Taxes: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 49(4), pages 961-1075, December.
- Simon C. Parker & Yacine Belghitar & Tim Barmby, 2005.
"Wage Uncertainty and the Labour Supply of Self-Employed Workers,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(502), pages 190-207, March.
- Simon Parker & Tim Barmby & Yacine Belghitar, 2004. "Wage Uncertainty And The Labour Supply Of Self-Employed Workers," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 67, Royal Economic Society.
- Fathi Fakhfakh & Virginie PÃ©rotin & MÃ“nica Gago, 2012. "Productivity, Capital, and Labor in Labor-Managed and Conventional Firms: An Investigation on French Data," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 65(4), pages 847-879, October.
- Berman, K V & Berman, M D, 1978. "The Long-Run Analysis of the Labor-Managed Firm: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(4), pages 701-705, September.
- Carrington, William J & McCue, Kristin & Pierce, Brooks, 1996. "The Role of Employer-Employee Interactions in Labor Market Cycles: Evidence from the Self-Employed," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(4), pages 571-602, October.
- Berman, Matthew D., 1977. "Short-run efficiency in the labor-managed firm," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 309-314, September.
- Henry S. Farber, 2005. "Is Tomorrow Another Day? The Labor Supply of New York City Cabdrivers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(1), pages 46-82, February.
- Craig Ben & Pencavel John, 1993. "The Objectives of Worker Cooperatives," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 288-308, June.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The Labor Supply of Self-Employed Workers: The Choice of Working Hours in Worker Co-ops
by maximorossi in NEP-LTV blog on 2014-12-10 19:20:55
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Pencavel, 2016. "Whose Preferences Are Revealed In Hours Of Work?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(1), pages 9-24, January.
- Lechmann, Daniel S. J., 2017. "Estimating labor supply in self-employment: Pitfalls and resolutions," Discussion Papers 101, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Gregory K. DOW, 2018. "The Theory Of The Labor-Managed Firm: Past, Present, And Future," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 65-86, March.
- repec:bla:annpce:v:89:y:2018:i:1:p:65-86 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordslabor supply; hours; worker co-ops;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J54 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Producer Cooperatives; Labor Managed Firms
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAB-2014-08-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2014-08-16 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-LTV-2014-08-16 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sip:dpaper:13-036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Shor) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Anne Shor to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cestaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.