A SAM Based Global CGE Model using GTAP Data January 2005
This paper provides a technical description of a global computable general equilibrium (CGE) model that is calibrated from a Social Accounting Matrix (SAM) representation of the Global Trade Analysis Project (GTAP) database. A distinctive feature of the model is the treatment of nominal and real exchange rates and hence the specification of multiple numéraire.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2005|
|Date of revision:||Jan 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 9 Mappin Street, SHEFFIELD, S1 4DT|
Phone: +44 114 222 3399
Fax: + 44 (0)114 222 3458
Web page: http://www.shef.ac.uk/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Scott McDonald & Yontem Sonmez, 2004. "Augmenting the GTAP Database with Data on Inter-Regional Transactions," Working Papers 2004009, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2004.
- A. K. Sen, 1963. "Neo‐Classical And Neo‐Keynbsian Theories Of Distribution," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 39(85), pages 53-64, 03.
- Kilkenny, Maureen & Robinson, Sherman, 1990.
"Computable general equilibrium analysis of agricultural liberalization: Factor mobility and macro closure,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 527-556.
- Kilkenny, Maureen & Robinson, Sherman, 1990. "Computable General Equilibrium Analysis of Agricultural Liberalization: Factor Mobility and Macro Closure," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11124, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hertel, Thomas, 1997. "Global Trade Analysis: Modeling and applications," GTAP Books, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, number 7685, April.
- van Schoor, Melt & McDonald, Scott & Punt, Cecilia, 2004. "SeeResults: A Spreadsheet Application for the Analysis of CGE Model Results," Technical Paper Series 15624, PROVIDE Project. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)