Does Specialization Matter for Trade Imbalance at Industry Level?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Song, E. Young & Zhao , Chen, 2012. "Does Specialization Matter for Trade Imbalance at Industry Level?," East Asian Economic Review, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy, vol. 16(3), pages 227-247, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harrigan, James, 1996. "Openness to trade in manufactures in the OECD," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 23-39, February.
- E. Young Song & Chan‐Hyun Sohn, 2012.
"Intra‐industry Trade and Industry Distribution of Productivity: A Cournot–Ricardo Approach,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 461-482, April.
- E. Young Song & Chan-Hyun Sohn, 2011. "Intra-industry Trade and Industry Distribution of Productivity: A Cournot-Ricardo Approach," Working Papers 1120, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1987. "Imperfect competition and international trade: Evidence from fourteen industrial countries," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 62-81, March.
- Robert C. Feenstra & James R. Markusen & Andrew K. Rose, 2001. "Using the gravity equation to differentiate among alternative theories of trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(2), pages 430-447, May.
- Rauch, James E., 1999. "Networks versus markets in international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 7-35, June.
- Debaere, Peter, 2005. "Monopolistic competition and trade, revisited: testing the model without testing for gravity," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 249-266, May.
- Donald R. Davis & David E. Weinstein, 2002. "The Mystery of the Excess Trade (Balances)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 170-174, May.
- E. Young Song, 2011.
"On Gravity, Specialization and Intra‐industry Trade,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 494-508, August.
- E. Young Song, 2010. "On Gravity,Specialization and Intra-industry Trade," Working Papers 1007, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- Nicita, Alessandro & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2001. "Trade and production, 1976-99," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2701, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordstrade imbalance; gravity theory; specialization; output share; homogeneous products;
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2013-05-11 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-FOR-2013-05-11 (Forecasting)
- NEP-INT-2013-05-11 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sgo:wpaper:1210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jung Hur). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/risogkr.html .