How much can firms know?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Guilmi, Corrado Di & Gallegati, Mauro & Ormerod, Paul, 2004. "Scaling invariant distributions of firms’ exit in OECD countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 334(1), pages 267-273.
- L. A. N. Amaral & S. V. Buldyrev & S. Havlin & H. Leschhorn & P. Maass & M. A. Salinger & H. E. Stanley & M. H. R. Stanley, 1997. "Scaling behavior in economics: I. Empirical results for company growth," Papers cond-mat/9702082, arXiv.org.
- Cook, William & Ormerod, Paul, 2003.
"Power law distribution of the frequency of demises of US firms,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 207-212.
- William Cook & Paul Ormerod, 2002. "Power Law Distribution of the Frequency of Demises of U.S Firms," Papers cond-mat/0212186, arXiv.org.
- Vickers, John, 1995. "Concepts of Competition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Rational short-termism
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2013-03-06 20:23:55
- Peer effects in companies
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2014-08-06 18:22:15
- The Cold War isn't over
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2014-11-08 19:46:41
- Against competition
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2014-12-07 18:45:24
- Diamonds or fool's gold?
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2015-04-07 18:40:23
- Legitimating bosses
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2015-05-26 18:37:47
- The outcome bias
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2015-09-21 18:20:20
- Old blaggers & secular stagnation
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2016-01-15 19:36:02
- Choice in economics
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2017-08-06 13:10:11
- When selection mechanisms fail
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2018-01-24 14:05:07
- Management vs managerialism
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2018-03-07 14:01:42
- In defence of short-termism
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2018-02-12 13:31:40
More about this item
Keywordsagent based evolutionary model; heterogenous agents; learning;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sce:scecf4:44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sceeeea.html .