How much can firms know?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Guilmi, Corrado Di & Gallegati, Mauro & Ormerod, Paul, 2004. "Scaling invariant distributions of firms’ exit in OECD countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 334(1), pages 267-273.
- L. A. N. Amaral & S. V. Buldyrev & S. Havlin & H. Leschhorn & P. Maass & M. A. Salinger & H. E. Stanley & M. H. R. Stanley, 1997. "Scaling behavior in economics: I. Empirical results for company growth," Papers cond-mat/9702082, arXiv.org.
- Cook, William & Ormerod, Paul, 2003.
"Power law distribution of the frequency of demises of US firms,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 207-212.
- William Cook & Paul Ormerod, 2002. "Power Law Distribution of the Frequency of Demises of U.S Firms," Papers cond-mat/0212186, arXiv.org.
- Vickers, John, 1995. "Concepts of Competition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Rational short-termism
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2013-03-06 20:23:55
- Peer effects in companies
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2014-08-06 18:22:15
- The Cold War isn't over
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2014-11-08 19:46:41
- Against competition
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2014-12-07 18:45:24
- Diamonds or fool's gold?
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2015-04-07 18:40:23
- Legitimating bosses
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2015-05-26 18:37:47
- The outcome bias
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2015-09-21 18:20:20
- Old blaggers & secular stagnation
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2016-01-15 19:36:02
- Choice in economics
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2017-08-06 13:10:11
- When selection mechanisms fail
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2018-01-24 14:05:07
- Management vs managerialism
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2018-03-07 14:01:42
- In defence of short-termism
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2018-02-12 13:31:40
- Short-termism: what's the problem?
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2018-09-06 12:51:11
More about this item
Keywordsagent based evolutionary model; heterogenous agents; learning;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sce:scecf4:44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sceeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.