A Thick ANN Model for Forecasting Inflation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kursa, Miron B. & Rudnicki, Witold R., 2010. "Feature Selection with the Boruta Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 36(i11).
- Chakraborty, Chiranjit & Joseph, Andreas, 2017. "Machine learning at central banks," Bank of England working papers 674, Bank of England.
- Carlos León & José Fernando Moreno & Jorge Cely, 2016.
"Whose Balance Sheet is this? Neural Networks for Banks’ Pattern Recognition,"
Borradores de Economia
959, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Leon Rincon, Carlos & Moreno, José Fernando & Cely, Jorge, 2017. "Whose Balance Sheet is this? Neural Networks for Banks' Pattern Recognition," Discussion Paper 2017-009, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Muhammad Nadim Hanif & Muhammad Jahanzeb Malik, 2015.
"Evaluating the Performance of Inflation Forecasting Models of Pakistan,"
SBP Research Bulletin,
State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department, vol. 11, pages 43-78.
- Hanif, Muhammad Nadim & Malik, Muhammad Jahanzeb, 2015. "Evaluating Performance of Inflation Forecasting Models of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 66843, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Ali Choudhary & Adnan Haider, 2012.
"Neural network models for inflation forecasting: an appraisal,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(20), pages 2631-2635, July.
- Ali Choudhary & Adnan Haider, 2008. "Neural Network Models for Inflation Forecasting: An Appraisal," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0808, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- M. Ali Choudhary, 2011. "Neural Network Models for Inflation Forecasting: An Appraisal," Post-Print hal-00704670, HAL.
- Jingtao Yao & Chew Lim Tan & Hean-Lee Poh, 1999. "Neural Networks For Technical Analysis: A Study On Klci," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(02), pages 221-241.
- Fahima Charef & Fethi Ayachi, 2016.
"A Comparison between Neural Networks and GARCH Models in Exchange Rate Forecasting,"
International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences,
Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 6(1), pages 94-99, January.
- Fahima Charef & Fethi Ayachi, 2016. "A Comparison between Neural Networks and GARCH Models in Exchange Rate Forecasting," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 6(1), pages 244-253, January.
- Maximilian Hall & Dadang Muljawan & Lolita Moorena, 2009. "Using the artificial neural network to assess bank credit risk: a case study of Indonesia," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(22), pages 1825-1846.
- McAdam, Peter & McNelis, Paul, 2005.
"Forecasting inflation with thick models and neural networks,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 848-867, September.
- McAdam, Peter & McNelis, Paul, 2004. "Forecasting inflation with thick models and neural networks," Working Paper Series 352, European Central Bank.
- Zhang, Guoqiang & Eddy Patuwo, B. & Y. Hu, Michael, 1998. "Forecasting with artificial neural networks:: The state of the art," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 35-62, March.
- Jane Binner & Rakesh Bissoondeeal & Thomas Elger & Alicia Gazely & Andrew Mullineux, 2005. "A comparison of linear forecasting models and neural networks: an application to Euro inflation and Euro Divisia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6), pages 665-680.
- Kar Yan Tam & Melody Y. Kiang, 1992. "Managerial Applications of Neural Networks: The Case of Bank Failure Predictions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(7), pages 926-947, July.
- Anders Bredahl Kock & Timo Teräsvirta, 2016.
"Forecasting Macroeconomic Variables Using Neural Network Models and Three Automated Model Selection Techniques,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(8-10), pages 1753-1779, December.
- Anders Bredahl Kock & Timo Teräsvirta, 2011. "Forecasting Macroeconomic Variables using Neural Network Models and Three Automated Model Selection Techniques," CREATES Research Papers 2011-27, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Andreas S. Andreou & George A. Zombanakis, 2006. "Computational Intelligence in Exchange-Rate Forecasting," Working Papers 49, Bank of Greece.
- Qi, Min & Zhang, Guoqiang Peter, 2001. "An investigation of model selection criteria for neural network time series forecasting," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(3), pages 666-680, August.
- Ayodele Ariyo Adebiyi & Aderemi Oluyinka Adewumi & Charles Korede Ayo, 2014. "Comparison of ARIMA and Artificial Neural Networks Models for Stock Price Prediction," Journal of Applied Mathematics, Hindawi, vol. 2014, pages 1-7, March.
- White, Halbert, 2006. "Approximate Nonlinear Forecasting Methods," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, in: G. Elliott & C. Granger & A. Timmermann (ed.), Handbook of Economic Forecasting, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 459-512, Elsevier.
More about this item
KeywordsArtificial Neural Networks; Inflation Forecasting;
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BIG-2018-10-22 (Big Data)
- NEP-CMP-2018-10-22 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-FOR-2018-10-22 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2018-10-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2018-10-22 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sbp:wpaper:99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Faisal Saleem). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sbpgvpk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.