Peer Pressure and Externalities: Evidence from a field experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Judah, G. & Aunger, R. & Schmidt, W.-P. & Michie, S. & Granger, S. & Curtis, V., 2009. "Experimental pretesting of hand-washing interventions in a natural setting," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 99(S2), pages 405-411.
- DeanS. Karlan, 2007.
"Social connections and group banking,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(517), pages 52-84, February.
- Dean S. Karlan, 2005. "Social Connections and Group Banking," Working Papers 913, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Karlan, Dean S., 2007. "Social Connections and Group Banking," CEPR Discussion Papers 6194, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Karlan, Dean S., 2005. "Social Connections and Group Banking," Center Discussion Papers 28522, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Kandel, Eugene & Lazear, Edward P, 1992. "Peer Pressure and Partnerships," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 801-817, August.
- Antoni Calvó-Armengol & Matthew O. Jackson, 2010. "Peer Pressure," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 8(1), pages 62-89, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bruno Cardinale Lagomarsino & Matías Gutman & Lucía Freira & María Laura Lanzalot & Maximiliano Lauletta & Leandro E. Malchik & Felipe Montaño Campos & Bianca Pacini & Martín A. Rossi & Christian Vale, 2017. "Peer Pressure: Experimental Evidence From Restroom Behavior," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(3), pages 1579-1584, July.
- De Paola, Maria & Gioia, Francesca & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2019.
"Free-riding and knowledge spillovers in teams: The role of social ties,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 74-90.
- Maria De Paola & Francesca Gioia & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2016. "Free-Riding And Knowledge Spillovers In Teams: The Role Of Social Ties," Working Papers 201609, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Maria De Paola & Francesca Gioia & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2018. "Free-riding and knowledge spillovers in teams: The role of social ties," Natural Field Experiments 00704, The Field Experiments Website.
- De Paola, Maria & Gioia, Francesca & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2016. "Free-Riding and Knowledge Spillovers in Teams: The Role of Social Ties," IZA Discussion Papers 10257, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Zenou, Yves, 2015. "Games on Networks," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,, Elsevier.
- Dolan, P. & Hallsworth, M. & Halpern, D. & King, D. & Metcalfe, R. & Vlaev, I., 2012. "Influencing behaviour: The mindspace way," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 264-277.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Landmann, Andreas & Pradhan, Shailee, 2018.
"Can group incentives alleviate moral hazard? The role of pro-social preferences,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 230-249.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Pradhan, Shailee, 2016. "Can Group Incentives Alleviate Moral Hazard? The Role of Pro-Social Preferences," Working Papers on Finance 1610, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Nov 2016.
- Kräkel, Matthias, 2008. "Emotions in tournaments," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 204-214, July.
- Wright, Austin L. & Sonin, Konstantin & Driscoll, Jesse & Wilson, Jarnickae, 2020.
"Poverty and economic dislocation reduce compliance with COVID-19 shelter-in-place protocols,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 544-554.
- Driscoll, Jesse & Sonin, Konstantin & Wilson, Jarnickae & Wright, Austin L., 2020. "Poverty and Economic Dislocation Reduce Compliance with COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place Protocols," CEPR Discussion Papers 14618, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Austin L. Wright & Konstantin Sonin & Jesse Driscoll & Jarnickae Wilson, 2020. "Poverty and Economic Dislocation Reduce Compliance with COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place Protocols," Working Papers 2020-40, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Jolian McHardy & Michael Reynolds & Stephen Trotter, 2012.
"The Stackelberg Model as a Partial Solution to the Problem of Pricing in a Network,"
Working Paper series
19_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Jolian McHardy & Michael Reynolds & Stephen Trotter, 2012. "The Stackelberg Model as a Partial Solution to the Problem of Pricing in a Network," Working Papers 2012008, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Janvier D. Nkurunziza, 2005. "Reputation and Credit without Collateral in Africa`s Formal Banking," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2005-02, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Stephanie Rosenkranz & Patrick W. Schmitz, 2007.
"Can Coasean Bargaining Justify Pigouvian Taxation?,"
Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(296), pages 573-585, November.
- Rosenkranz, Stephanie & Schmitz, Patrick W, 2004. "Can Coasean Bargaining Justify Pigouvian Taxation?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4263, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rosenkranz, Stephanie & Schmitz, Patrick W., 2006. "Can Coasean bargaining justify Pigouvian taxation?," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers 7/2006, University of Bonn, Bonn Graduate School of Economics (BGSE).
- Junyon Im & Sunny Sun, 2015. "Profits and outreach to the poor: The institutional logics of microfinance institutions," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 95-117, March.
- Vadim Borokhov, 2014. "On the properties of nodal price response matrix in electricity markets," Papers 1404.3678, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2015.
- Daniel Sutter & Daniel J. Smith, 2017. "Coordination in disaster: Nonprice learning and the allocation of resources after natural disasters," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 30(4), pages 469-492, December.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2014.
"Toward an efficiency rationale for the public provision of private goods,"
Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 56(2), pages 375-408, June.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2008. "Toward an Efficiency Rationale for the Public Provision of Private Goods," NBER Working Papers 13827, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Norman & Hanming Fang, 2010. "Toward an Efficiency Rationale for the Public Provision of Private Goods," 2010 Meeting Papers 1185, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2008. "Toward an Efficiency Rationale for the Public Provision of Private Goods," 2008 Meeting Papers 1097, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Thorsten Beck & Patrick Behr, 2017. "Individual versus Village Lending: Evidence from Montenegro," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 67-87, November.
- Pierre Koning & J. Vyrastekova & S. Onderstal, 2006. "Team incentives in public organisations; an experimental study," CPB Discussion Paper 60, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Dufhues, Thomas & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Quoc, Hoang Dinh & Munkung, Nuchanata, 2011. "Social capital and loan repayment performance in Southeast Asia," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 679-691.
- Elie Gray & André Grimaud, 2016. "The Lindahl equilibrium in Schumpeterian growth models," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 101-142, March.
- Gan, Li & Ju, Gaosheng & Zhu, Xi, 2015. "Nonparametric estimation of structural labor supply and exact welfare change under nonconvex piecewise-linear budget sets," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 188(2), pages 526-544.
- Peterson, Jeffrey M. & Boisvert, Richard N. & de Gorter, Harry, 1999. "Multifunctionality and Optimal Environmental Policies for Agriculture in an Open Economy," Working Papers 127701, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
More about this item
Keywordspeer pressure; externalities;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EXP-2016-01-03 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2016-01-03 (Central & South America)
- NEP-URE-2016-01-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sad:wpaper:125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/desanar.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tamara Sulaque (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/desanar.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.