Earnings Inequality in Late Nineteenth Century America and Britain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Goldin, Claudia & Katz, Lawrence F, 1996. "Technology, Skill, and the Wage Structure: Insights from the Past," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 252-257, May.
- Lindert, Peter H. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 1985. "Growth, equality, and history," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 341-377, October.
- Hatton, T J & Boyer, G R & Bailey, R E, 1994.
"The Union Wage Effect in Late Nineteenth Century Britain,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(244), pages 435-456, November.
- Bailey, Roy E & Boyer, George & Hatton, Timothy J., 1992. "The Union Wage Effect in Late Nineteenth Century Britain," CEPR Discussion Papers 712, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sen, Amartya, 1997. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292975.
- Rosenbloom, Joshua L., 1990. "One Market or Many? Labor Market Integration in the Late Nineteenth-Century United States," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 50(01), pages 85-107, March.
More about this item
Keywordsearnings inequality; Fields' decomposition of inequality; late nineteenth century America and Britain ; shift share analysis;
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- N31 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rut:rutres:199834. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/derutus.html .