The functioning of the European interbank market during the 2007-08 financial crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N & Davies, Sally M & Flannery, Mark J, 2000.
"Comparing Market and Supervisory Assessments of Bank Performance: Who Knows What When?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 641-667, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies & Mark J. Flannery, 2000. "Comparing market and supervisory assessments of bank performance: who knows what when?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 641-670.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies & Mark J. Flannery, 1998. "Comparing market and supervisory assessments of bank performance: who knows what when?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-32, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 1998.
- John B. Taylor & John C. Williams, 2009.
"A black swan in the money market,"
Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jan.
- John B. Taylor & John C. Williams, 2008. "A Black Swan in the Money Market," NBER Working Papers 13943, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John B. Taylor & John C. Williams, 2008. "A black swan in the money market," Working Paper Series 2008-04, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 2008.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 1999. "Is Bank Supervision Central to Central Banking?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 629-653.
- Angelo Baglioni & Andrea Monticini, 2008. "The Intraday Price of Money: Evidence from the e-MID Interbank Market," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(7), pages 1533-1540, October.
- R. Baupain & A. Durre, 2007.
"The interday and intraday patterns of the overnight market : evidence from an electronic platform,"
- R. Beaupain & A. Durre, 2009. "The interday and intraday patterns of the overnight market: evidence from an electronic platform," Post-Print hal-00393027, HAL.
- R. Beaupain & A. Durre, 2008. "The interday and intraday patterns of the overnight market: Evidence from an electronic platform," Post-Print hal-00393019, HAL.
- Durré, Alain & Beaupain, Renaud, 2008. "The interday and intraday patterns of the overnight market: evidence from an electronic platform," Working Paper Series 988, European Central Bank.
- Gorton, Gary & Huang, Lixin, 2006.
"Bank panics and the endogeneity of central banking,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 1613-1629, October.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2002. "Bank Panics and the Endogeneity of Central Banking," NBER Working Papers 9102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2002. "Bank Panics and the Endogeneity of Central Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-29, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Claudio Borio, 2008. "The financial turmoil of 2007-?: a preliminary assessment and some policy considerations," BIS Working Papers 251, Bank for International Settlements.
- Viral V. Acharya & Denis Gromb & Tanju Yorulmazer, 2012.
"Imperfect Competition in the Interbank Market for Liquidity as a Rationale for Central Banking,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 184-217, April.
- Acharya, Viral V & Gromb, Denis & Yorulmazer, Tanju, 2008. "Imperfect Competition in the Inter-Bank Market for Liquidity as a Rationale for Central Banking," CEPR Discussion Papers 6984, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Furfine, Craig H, 2001. "Banks as Monitors of Other Banks: Evidence from the Overnight Federal Funds Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 33-57, January.
- Hamilton, James D, 1996. "The Daily Market for Federal Funds," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 26-56, February.
- Iori, Giulia & De Masi, Giulia & Precup, Ovidiu Vasile & Gabbi, Giampaolo & Caldarelli, Guido, 2008.
"A network analysis of the Italian overnight money market,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 259-278, January.
- Iori, G. & Masi, G. D. & Precup, O. V. & Gabbi, G. & Caldarelli, G., 2005. "A network analysis of the Italian oversight money market," Working Papers 05/05, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Rafael Repullo, 2005.
"Liquidity, Risk Taking, and the Lender of Last Resort,"
International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 1(2), September.
- Repullo, Rafael, 2005. "Liquidity, Risk Taking, and the Lender of Last Resort," MPRA Paper 826, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rafael Repullo, 2005. "Liquidity, Risk-Taking, and the Lender of Last Resort," Working Papers wp2005_0504, CEMFI.
- Repullo, Rafael, 2005. "Liquidity, Risk-Taking and the Lender of Last Resort," CEPR Discussion Papers 4967, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hartmann, Philipp & Manna, Michele & Manzanares, Andres, 2001. "The microstructure of the euro money market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 895-948, November.
- Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen, 1992. "Time and the Process of Security Price Adjustment," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 576-605, June.
- Benito, Francis & Leon, Angel & Nave, Juan, 2007. "Modeling the Euro overnight rate," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 756-782, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Markus Engler & Vahidin Jeleskovic, 2016. "Intraday volatility, trading volume and trading intensity in the interbank market e-MID," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201648, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Vasilis Hatzopoulos & Giulia Iori & Rosario N. Mantegna & Salvatore Miccich� & Michele Tumminello, 2015.
"Quantifying preferential trading in the e-MID interbank market,"
Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 693-710, April.
- Hatzopoulos, V. & Iori, G. & Mantegna, R. & Micciche, S. & Tumminello, M., 2013. "Quantifying preferential trading in the e-MID interbank market," Working Papers 13/14, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Marco Pelliccia, 2013. "Ambiguous Networks," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1303, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Gabbi, G. & Germano, G. & Hatzopoulos, V. & Iori, G. & Politi, M., 2012. "Market microstructure, bank's behaviour and interbank spreads," Working Papers 12/06, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Caterina Liberati & Massimiliano Marzo & Paolo Zagaglia & Paola Zappa, 2015. "Drivers of demand and supply in the Euro interbank market: the role of “Key Players” during the recent turmoil," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 29(3), pages 207-250, August.
- Shouwei Li & Jianmin He, 2012. "The Impact Of Bank Activities On Contagion Risk In Interbank Networks," Advances in Complex Systems (ACS), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(supp0), pages 1-20.
- Iori Giulia & Kapar Burcu & Olmo Jose, 2015. "Bank characteristics and the interbank money market: a distributional approach," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 19(3), pages 249-283, June.
- Raddant, Matthias, 2014. "Structure in the Italian overnight loan market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 197-213.
- Iori, G. & Kapar, B. & Olmo, J., 2012. "The Cross-Section of Interbank Rates: A Nonparametric Empirical Investigation," Working Papers 12/03, Department of Economics, City University London.
More about this item
KeywordsInterbank market; Financial crisis; Monetary policy operational efficiency; Moral hazard; European financial integration;
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2010-06-04 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2010-06-04 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2010-06-04 (European Economics)
- NEP-FMK-2010-06-04 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2010-06-04 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2010-06-04 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rtv:ceisrp:158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Barbara Piazzi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csrotit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.