Biologische Variablen in sozialwissenschaftlichen Surveys
Social scientists have ignored biological constraints of human behavior for a long time almost completely. If prediction of behavior is considered as essential for a social science. The neglect of any variable, which might influence human behavior, is hardly justified. Therefore, this paper gives examples of such biological variables and their measurement in social surveys.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.ratswd.de/eng/index.html|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karsten Hank & Hendrik Jürges & Barbara Schaan, 2009. "Die Erhebung biometrischer Daten im Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe – Befunde und Perspektiven," Research Notes of the German Council for Social and Economic Data 31, German Council for Social and Economic Data (RatSWD).
- Booth, Alison L & Kee, Hiau Joo, 2006.
"Birth Order Matters: The Effect of Family Size and Birth Order on Educational Attainment,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5453, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alison Booth & Hiau Kee, 2009. "Birth order matters: the effect of family size and birth order on educational attainment," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 367-397, April.
- Booth, Alison L. & Kee, Hiau Joo, 2005. "Birth Order Matters: The Effect of Family Size and Birth Order on Educational Attainment," IZA Discussion Papers 1713, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alison Booth & Hiau Joo Kee, 2005. "Birth Order Matters: The Effect of Family Size and Birth Order on Educational Attainment," CEPR Discussion Papers 506, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Dean R. Lillard & Gert G. Wagner, 2006. "The Value Added of Biomarkers in Household Panel Studies," Data Documentation 14, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Kroh, Martin, 2005. "Intervieweffekte bei der Erhebung des Körpergewichts in Bevölkerungsumfragen," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 646-655.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsw:rswwps:rswwps107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RatSWD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.