Economic liberalism: fall, revival and resistance
The chapter is organised as follows. Section 1 is a historical survey of the fluctuating fortunes of economic liberalism from its eclipse after 1914, to its resurgence in the 1990s, and ending with evidence that economic liberalism has lost ground since the late 1990s, particularly in the English-speaking countries. Section 2 describes the ideology and rhetoric of economic liberalism. Sections 3, 4 and 5 deal with specific aspects of the policy framework of economic liberalism. Section 6 provides a brief assessment of the outcomes generated by economic 3 liberalism. Finally, some concluding comments are offered.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Apr 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 7 3365 6601
Fax: +61 7 3365 6601
Web page: http://www.uq.edu.au/rsmg/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Quiggin, John, 1998. "Social Democracy and Market Reform in Australia and New Zealand," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 76-95, Spring.
- David Henderson, 1995. "The Revival of Economic Liberalism: Australia in an International Perspective," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 28(1), pages 59-85.
- Henderson, D., 1995. "The Revival of Economic Liberalism: Australia in an International Perspective," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 467, The University of Melbourne.
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "Macroeconomics of Unbalanced Growth: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 150, March.
- Assar Lindbeck, 1997. "The Swedish Experiment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1273-1319, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsm:pubpol:p05_3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Adamson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.