Interfuel Substitution, Hydroelectricity Consumption and CO2 Emissions Mitigation in Malaysia: Evidence from a Transcendental Logarithm (trans-log) Cost Function Framework
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vlachou, A. S. & Samouilidis, E. J., 1986. "Interfuel substitution : Results from several sectors of the Greek economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 39-45, January.
- Yingying Lu & David I. Stern, 2016.
"Substitutability and the Cost of Climate Mitigation Policy,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(1), pages 81-107, May.
- Yingying Lu & David Stern, 2014. "Substitutability and the Cost of Climate Mitigation Policy," EcoMod2014 6692, EcoMod.
- Yingying Lu & David I. Stern, 2014. "Substitutability and the Cost of Climate Mitigation Policy," CAMA Working Papers 2014-28, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Arshad, Muhammad & Bano, Ijaz & Khan, Nasrullah & Shahzad, Mirza Imran & Younus, Muhammad & Abbas, Mazhar & Iqbal, Munawar, 2018. "Electricity generation from biogas of poultry waste: An assessment of potential and feasibility in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 1241-1246.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Timilsina, Govinda R. & Vasetsky, Olexandr, 2010. "Interfuel substitution in the United States," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 737-745, May.
- Zhang, Yi & Ji, Qiang & Fan, Ying, 2018. "The price and income elasticity of China's natural gas demand: A multi-sectoral perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 332-341.
- David I. Stern, 2012.
"Interfuel Substitution: A Meta‐Analysis,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 307-331, April.
- David I. Stern, 2009. "Interfuel Substitution: A Meta-Analysis," Departmental Working Papers 2009-06, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Stern, David I., 2009. "Interfuel Substitution: A Meta-Analysis," Research Reports 94882, Australian National University, Environmental Economics Research Hub.
- Stern, David I., 2009. "Interfuel Substitution: A Meta-Analysis," MPRA Paper 13734, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David I.Stern, 2009. "Interfuel Substitution: A Meta Analysis," Environmental Economics Research Hub Research Reports 0933, Environmental Economics Research Hub, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Yang, Mian & Fan, Ying & Yang, Fuxia & Hu, Hui, 2014. "Regional disparities in carbon dioxide reduction from China's uniform carbon tax: A perspective on interfactor/interfuel substitution," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 131-139.
- Griffin, James M & Gregory, Paul R, 1976. "An Intercountry Translog Model of Energy Substitution Responses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 845-857, December.
- Uri, Noel D., 1979. "Energy demand and interfuel substitution in India," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 181-190, April.
- Moore, Steven & Durant, Vincent & Mabee, Warren E., 2013. "Determining appropriate feed-in tariff rates to promote biomass-to-electricity generation in Eastern Ontario, Canada," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 607-613.
- Lin, Boqiang & Atsagli, Philip & Dogah, Kingsley E., 2016. "Ghanaian energy economy: Inter-production factors and energy substitution," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1260-1269.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Christensen, Laurits R, 1974. "Testing for the Existence of a Consistent Aggregate Index of Labor Inputs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 391-404, June.
- Tsita, Katerina G. & Pilavachi, Petros A., 2013. "Evaluation of next generation biomass derived fuels for the transport sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 443-455.
- Considine, Timothy J., 2018. "Estimating concave substitution possibilities with non-stationary data using the dynamic linear logit demand model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 22-30.
- Bello, Mufutau Opeyemi & Solarin, Sakiru Adebola & Yen, Yuen Yee, 2018. "Hydropower and potential for interfuel substitution: The case of electricity sector in Malaysia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 966-983.
- Suh, Dong Hee, 2016. "Interfuel substitution and biomass use in the U.S. industrial sector: A differential approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 24-30.
- Hirofumi Uzawa, 1962. "Production Functions with Constant Elasticities of Substitution," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 291-299.
- Jones, Clifton T., 2014. "The role of biomass in US industrial interfuel substitution," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 122-126.
- Prywes, Menahem, 1986. "A nested CES approach to capital-energy substitution," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 22-28, January.
- Wesseh, Presley K. & Lin, Boqiang, 2016. "Factor demand, technical change and inter-fuel substitution in Africa," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 979-991.
More about this item
KeywordsInterfuel Substitution; Hydropower; CO2 Emission Mitigation; Malaysia; Trans-log Cost Function; Seemingly Unrelated Regression (SUR);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:decilo:0004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Akanbi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deilong.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.