Does social capital create trust? Evidence from a community of entrepreneurs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fabio Sabatini, 2009. "Does social capital create trust? Evidence from a community of entrepreneurs," Department of Economics University of Siena 552, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Fabio Sabatini, 2009. "Does Social Capital Create Trust? Evidence from a Community of Entrepreneurs," Working Papers 2009.44, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zak, Paul J & Knack, Stephen, 2001. "Trust and Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 295-321, April.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- Sabatini, Fabio, 2009. "Social capital as social networks: A new framework for measurement and an empirical analysis of its determinants and consequences," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 429-442, June.
- Oguzhan Dincer & Eric Uslaner, 2010. "Trust and growth," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 59-67, January.
- Antoci, Angelo & Sacco, Pier Luigi & Vanin, Paolo, 2007.
"Social capital accumulation and the evolution of social participation,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 128-143, February.
- Antoci, Angelo & Sacco, Pier Luigi & Vanin, Paolo, 2004. "Social capital accumulation and the evolution of social partecipation," AICCON Working Papers 5-2004, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Alessia Amighini & Roberta Rabellotti, 2004. "How do Italian footwear industrial districts face globalization?," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 485-502, November.
- Paola Bertolini & Enrico Giovannetti, 2006. "Industrial districts and internationalization: the case of the agri-food industry in Modena, Italy," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 279-304, July.
- Fabio Sabatini, 2006.
"The Empirics of Social Capital and Economic Development: A Critical Perspective,"
2006.15, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sabatini Fabio, 2007. "The empirics of social capital and economic development: A critical perspective," wp.comunite 0031, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Fabio, Sabatini, 2005. "The empirics of social capital and economic development: a critical perspective," MPRA Paper 2366, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2007.
- Fabio Sabatini, 2008. "Social Capital and the Quality of Economic Development," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 466-499, August.
- Durlauf,S.N., 1999. "The case "against" social capital," Working papers 29, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Foley, Michael W. & Edwards, Bob, 1999. "Is It Time to Disinvest in Social Capital?," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 141-173, May.
- Coates, Dennis & Heckelman, Jac C, 2003. "Interest Groups and Investment: A Further Test of the Olson Hypothesis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 117(3-4), pages 333-340, December.
- Sergio Mariotti & Marco Mutinelli & Lucia Piscitello, 2008. "The Internationalization of Production by Italian Industrial Districts' Firms: Structural and Behavioural Determinants," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(5), pages 719-735.
- Fabio Sabatini, 2006. "Social Capital and Labour Productivity in Italy," Working Papers 2006.30, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
KeywordsTrust; Social capital; Safety; Professional associations; Entrepreneurship; Corporate ties; Group and Interpersonal Processes; Social Perception and Cognition;
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2009-02-22 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-HRM-2009-02-22 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LTV-2009-02-22 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-SOC-2009-02-22 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:aiccon:2009_058. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Venturi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aiccoea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.