Urbanizing with Equity Consideration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alwyn Young, 2013. "Inequality, the Urban-Rural Gap, and Migration," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 128(4), pages 1727-1785.
- Yang, Dennis Tao & Zhu, Xiaodong, 2013.
"Modernization of agriculture and long-term growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 367-382.
- Xiaodong Zhu & Dennis Tao Yang, 2007. "Modernization of Agriculture and Long Term Growth," 2007 Meeting Papers 679, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Dennis Tao Yang & Xiaodong Zhu, 2009. "Modernization of Agriculture and Long-Term Growth," Working Papers tecipa-376, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Yang, Dennis T. & Zhu, Xiaodong, 2010. "Modernization of Agriculture and Long-Term Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 5239, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Dennis Tao Yang & Xiaodong Zhu, 2013. "Modernization of Agriculture and Long-Term Growth," Working Papers tecipa-472, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- John M. Quigley, 2008.
"Urbanization, Agglomeration, and Economic Development,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 28042.
- Quigley, John M., 2008. "Urbanization, Agglomeration, and Economic Development," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt6tf2s100, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Moomaw, Ronald L. & Shatter, Ali M., 1996. "Urbanization and Economic Development: A Bias toward Large Cities?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 13-37, July.
- Commission on Growth and Development, 2008. "The Growth Report : Strategies for Sustained Growth and Inclusive Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6507.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Wan, Guanghua (ed.), 2008. "Inequality and Growth in Modern China," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199535194.
- Cao, Kang Hua & Birchenall, Javier A., 2013. "Agricultural productivity, structural change, and economic growth in post-reform China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 165-180.
- Duncan Black & Vernon Henderson, 1999. "A Theory of Urban Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(2), pages 252-284, April.
- Pandey, S M, 1977. " Nature and Determinants of Urbanization in a Developing Economy: The Case of India," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(2), pages 265-278, January.
- Choi, In, 2001. "Unit root tests for panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 249-272, April.
- Chun-Chung Au & J. Vernon Henderson, 2006. "Are Chinese Cities Too Small?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(3), pages 549-576.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2003. "Labor- And Capital-Augmenting Technical Change," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Michael Spence & Patricia Clarke Annez & Robert M. Buckley, 2009. "Urbanization and Growth : Commission on Growth and Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2582.
- Anthony Shorrocks & Guanghua Wan, 2005. "Spatial decomposition of inequality," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 59-81, January.
- Guanghua Wan, 2007. "Understanding Regional Poverty And Inequality Trends In China: Methodological Issues And Empirical Findings," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Henderson, Vernon, 2003. "The Urbanization Process and Economic Growth: The So-What Question," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 47-71, March.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Hofmann, Anett & Wan, Guanghua, 2013. "Determinants of Urbanization," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 355, Asian Development Bank.
More about this item
Keywordsurbanization; income inequality; Social welfare function; Optimization;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0642. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ADB Institute). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/adbinjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.