Climate Change and Poverty Reduction—Where Does Official Development Assistance Money Go?
There is an urgent need to mainstream the key challenges of climate change into sector and development planning and decision making processes to create sustainable long-term development. Empirical results in this study emphasize that more caution is needed in directing overseas development aid (ODA) towards climate change mitigation and adaptation due to the links between various macroeconomic variables related to growth and poverty reduction.
|Date of creation:||06 Nov 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kasumigaseki Building 8F, 3-2-5, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6008, Japan|
Fax: (81-3) 3593-5571
Web page: http://www.adbi.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anbumozhi, Venkatachalam & Bauer, Armin, 2010.
"Impact of Global Recession on Sustainable Development and Poverty Linkages,"
ADBI Working Papers
227, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Venkatachalam Anbumozhi & Armin Bauer, 2010. "Impact of Global Recession on Sustainable Development and Poverty Linkages," Working Papers id:2980, eSocialSciences.
- Jan Willem Gunning & Paul Collier, 1999. "Explaining African Economic Performance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 64-111, March.
- Paul Collier & Jan Willem Gunning, 1997. "Explaining African economic performance," CSAE Working Paper Series 1997-02.2, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Venkatachalam Anbumozhi & Armin Bauer, 2010. "Impact of Global Recession on Sustainable Development and Poverty Linkages," Development Economics Working Papers 21862, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- R. J. Nicholls & S. Hanson & Celine Herweijer & Nicola Patmore & Stéphane Hallegatte & Jan Corfee-Morlot & Jean Château & Robert Muir-Wood, 2008. "Ranking Port Cities with High Exposure and Vulnerability to Climate Extremes: Exposure Estimates," OECD Environment Working Papers 1, OECD Publishing.
- Kaliappa Kalirajan, 2009. "The pace of poverty reduction across the globe: an exploratory analysis," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(6), pages 692-705, May.
- Michael A. Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004. "Counting chickens when they hatch: The short-term effect of aid on growth," International Finance 0407010, EconWPA.
- Michael Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004. "Counting Chickens When They Hatch: The Short-term Effect of Aid on Growth," Working Papers 44, Center for Global Development.
- Collier, Paul & Guillaumont, Patrick & Guillaumont, Sylviane & Gunning, Jan Willem, 1997. "Redesigning conditionality," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1399-1407, September.
- William D. Nordhaus, 2006. "The "Stern Review" on the Economics of Climate Change," NBER Working Papers 12741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marc Benger)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.