Identifying Speculative Bubbles with an Infinite Hidden Markov Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Song, Yong & Shi, Shuping, 2012. "Identifying speculative bubbles with an in finite hidden Markov model," MPRA Paper 36455, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Geweke, John & Amisano, Gianni, 2010.
"Comparing and evaluating Bayesian predictive distributions of asset returns,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 216-230, April.
- Amisano, Gianni & Geweke, John, 2008. "Comparing and evaluating Bayesian predictive distributions of assets returns," Working Paper Series 969, European Central Bank.
- Teh, Yee Whye & Jordan, Michael I. & Beal, Matthew J. & Blei, David M., 2006. "Hierarchical Dirichlet Processes," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1566-1581, December.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Jun Yu, 2011.
"Dating the timeline of financial bubbles during the subprime crisis,"
Quantitative Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 2(3), pages 455-491, November.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Jun Yu, 2009. "Dating the Timeline of Financial Bubbles During the Subprime Crisis," Working Papers 18-2009, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Jun Yu, 2010. "Dating the Timeline of Financial Bubbles during the Subprime Crisis," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1770, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Jun Yu, 2009. "Dating the Timeline of Financial Bubbles During the Subprime Crisis," Finance Working Papers 23051, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Davide Pettenuzzo & Allan Timmermann, 2006.
"Forecasting Time Series Subject to Multiple Structural Breaks,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(4), pages 1057-1084.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Pettenuzzo, Davide & Timmermann, Allan, 2004. "Forecasting Time Series Subject to Multiple Structural Breaks," IZA Discussion Papers 1196, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pesaran, M.H. & Pettenuzzo, D. & Timmermann, A., 2004. "‘Forecasting Time Series Subject to Multiple Structural Breaks’," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0433, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pesaran, M Hashem & Pettenuzzo, Davide & Timmermann, Allan G, 2004. "Forecasting Time Series Subject to Multiple Structural Breaks," CEPR Discussion Papers 4636, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Davide Pettenuzzo & Allan Timmermann, 2004. "Forecasting Time Series Subject to Multiple Structural Breaks," CESifo Working Paper Series 1237, CESifo.
- Evans, George W, 1991. "Pitfalls in Testing for Explosive Bubbles in Asset Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 922-930, September.
- Geweke, John, 2007. "Interpretation and inference in mixture models: Simple MCMC works," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 3529-3550, April.
- Geweke, John & Jiang, Yu, 2011. "Inference and prediction in a multiple-structural-break model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 163(2), pages 172-185, August.
- Hall, Stephen G & Psaradakis, Zacharias & Sola, Martin, 1999. "Detecting Periodically Collapsing Bubbles: A Markov-Switching Unit Root Test," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 143-154, March-Apr.
- Shi, Shuping & Arora, Vipin, 2012. "An application of models of speculative behaviour to oil prices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 469-472.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias & Sola, Martin & Spagnolo, Fabio, 2001. "A simple procedure for detecting periodically collapsing rational bubbles," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 317-323, September.
- Charemza, Wojciech W. & Deadman, Derek F., 1995. "Speculative bubbles with stochastic explosive roots: The failure of unit root testing," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 153-163, June.
- Chib, Siddhartha, 1996. "Calculating posterior distributions and modal estimates in Markov mixture models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 79-97, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jin, Xin & Maheu, John M., 2016.
"Bayesian semiparametric modeling of realized covariance matrices,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 19-39.
- Jin, Xin & Maheu, John M, 2014. "Bayesian Semiparametric Modeling of Realized Covariance Matrices," MPRA Paper 60102, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xin Jin & John M. Maheu, 2014. "Bayesian Semiparametric Modeling of Realized Covariance Matrices," Working Paper series 34_14, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Andras Fulop & Jun Yu, 2017. "Bayesian Analysis of Bubbles in Asset Prices," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-1, October.
- Balcombe, Kelvin & Fraser, Iain, 2017. "Do bubbles have an explosive signature in markov switching models?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 81-100.
More about this item
Keywordsspeculative bubbles; infinite hidden Markov model; Dirichlet process;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rim:rimwps:26_12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco Savioli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rcfeait.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.