Report NEP-FOR-2012-06-25This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-FOR
The following items were announced in this report:
- Elena Andreou & Constantinos Kourouyiannis & Andros Kourtellos, 2012. "Volatility Forecast Combinations using Asymmetric Loss Functions," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 07-2012, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Philip Hans Franses & Michael McAleer & Rianne Legerstee, 2012. "Evaluating Macroeconomic Forecasts:A Concise Review of Some Recent Developments," KIER Working Papers 821, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Charlotte Christiansen & Maik Schmeling & Andreas Schrimpf, 2012. "A Comprehensive Look at Financial Volatility Prediction by Economic Variables," BIS Working Papers 374, Bank for International Settlements.
- Liebermann, Joelle, 2012. "Real-time forecasting in a data-rich environment," MPRA Paper 39452, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Julius Stakenas, 2012. "Generating short-term forecasts of the Lithuanian GDP using factor models," Bank of Lithuania Working Paper Series 13, Bank of Lithuania.
- Mehmet Pinar & Thanasis Stengos & M. Ege Yazgan, 2012. "Is there an Optimal Forecast Combination? A Stochastic Dominance Approach to Forecast Combination Puzzle," Working Paper series 17_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- MatÃas Mayor & Roberto Patuelli, 2012. "Short-Run Regional Forecasts: Spatial Models through Varying Cross-Sectional and Temporal Dimensions," Working Paper series 15_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Oct 2012.
- Kajal Lahiri & George Monokroussos & Yongchen Zhao, 2012. "Forecasting Consumption in Real Time: The Role of Consumer Confidence Surveys," Discussion Papers 12-02, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Alexandros Gabrielsen & Paolo Zagaglia & Axel Kirchner & Zhuoshi Liu, 2012. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk with Time-Varying Variance, Skewness and Kurtosis in an Exponential Weighted Moving Average Framework," Working Paper series 34_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- John M. Maheu & Yong Song, 2012. "A New Structural Break Model with Application to Canadian Inflation Forecasting," Working Paper series 27_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2012. "Large Time-Varying Parameter VARs," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-14, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- MacDonald, Stephen & Isengildina-Massa, Olga, 2012. "Information Rigidity and Correcting Inefficiency in USDA’s Commodity Forecasts," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124890, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels & Constantinos Kourouyiannis, 2012. "Robust volatility forecasts in the presence of structural breaks," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 08-2012, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Lewis, Daniel & Manfredo, Mark R. & Sanders, Dwight R. & Scott, Winifred, 2012. "Do Analysts’ Earnings Per Share Forecasts Contain Valuable Information Beyond One Quarter? The Case of Publicly Traded Agribusiness Firms," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124480, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mitra, Kaushik & Evans, George W. & Honkapohja, Seppo, 2012. "Baysian Model Averaging, Learning and Model Selection," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-11, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Johannes Tang Kristensen, 2012. "Factor-Based Forecasting in the Presence of Outliers: Are Factors Better Selected and Estimated by the Median than by The Mean?," CREATES Research Papers 2012-28, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Chan, Joshua & Koop, Gary & Potter, Simon, 2012. "A new model of trend inflation," MPRA Paper 39496, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shu-Ping Shi & Yong Song, 2012. "Identifying Speculative Bubbles with an Infinite Hidden Markov Model," Working Paper series 26_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Fabio Milani & Ashish Rajbhandari, 2012. "Expectation Formation and Monetary DSGE Models: Beyond the Rational Expectations Paradigm," Working Papers 111212, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Alai & Michael Sherris, 2012. "Rethinking Age-Period-Cohort Mortality Trend Models," Working Papers 201212, ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR), Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales.
- Item repec:fpo:wpaper:14 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Lee, Yoonsuk & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2012. "Impacts of Permanent and Transitory Shocks on Optimal Length of Moving Average to Predict Wheat Basis," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125001, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.