Quantifying Siting Difficulty: A Case Study of U.S. Transmission Line Siting
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vajjhala, Shalini P. & Fischbeck, Paul S., 2007. "Quantifying siting difficulty: A case study of US transmission line siting," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 650-671, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- E Quah & K C Tan, 1998. "The siting problem of NIMBY facilities: cost -- benefit analysis and auction mechanisms," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 16(3), pages 255-264, June.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2005.
"Merchant Transmission Investment,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 233-264, June.
- Joskow, P. & Tirole, J., 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0324, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Tirole, Jean, 2004. "Merchant Transmission Investment," IDEI Working Papers 263, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," NBER Working Papers 9534, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," Working Papers 0304, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Howard Kunreuther & Doug Easterling, 1996. "The role of compensation in siting hazardous facilities," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 601-622.
- Joskow, Paul L., 2005.
"Transmission policy in the United States,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 95-115, June.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2004. "Transmission Policy in the United States," Working Papers 0417, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Joskow, P.L., 2004. "Transmission Policy in the United States," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0454, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Krapels, Edward N., 2002. "Stimulating New Transmission Investments," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 76-80, April.
- repec:reg:rpubli:110 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hogan, William W., 2003. "Transmission Market Design," Working Paper Series rwp03-040, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Hirst, Eric & Kirby, Brendan, 2002. "Expanding Transmission Capacity: A Proposed Planning Process," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 54-59, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Garrone, Paola & Groppi, Angelamaria, 2012. "Siting locally-unwanted facilities: What can be learnt from the location of Italian power plants," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 176-186.
- Geoffrey J. Blanford, James H. Merrick, and David Young, 2014. "A Clean Energy Standard Analysis with the US-REGEN Model," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I).
- Fertig, Emily & Apt, Jay, 2011. "Economics of compressed air energy storage to integrate wind power: A case study in ERCOT," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2330-2342, May.
- Fischlein, Miriam & Larson, Joel & Hall, Damon M. & Chaudhry, Rumika & Rai Peterson, Tarla & Stephens, Jennie C. & Wilson, Elizabeth J., 2010. "Policy stakeholders and deployment of wind power in the sub-national context: A comparison of four U.S. states," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4429-4439, August.
- van Vliet, Oscar & Krey, Volker & McCollum, David & Pachauri, Shonali & Nagai, Yu & Rao, Shilpa & Riahi, Keywan, 2012. "Synergies in the Asian energy system: Climate change, energy security, energy access and air pollution," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(S3), pages 470-480.
- Sumper, Andreas & Boix-Aragonès, Oriol & Villafáfila-Robles, Roberto & Bergas-Jané, Joan & Ramírez-Pisco, Rodrigo, 2010. "Methodology for the assessment of the impact of existing high voltage lines in urban areas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6036-6044, October.
- William Hogan & Juan Rosellón & Ingo Vogelsang, 2010.
"Toward a combined merchant-regulatory mechanism for electricity transmission expansion,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 113-143, October.
- Juan Rosellon & William Hogan & Ingo Vogeslang, 2007. "Toward a Combined Merchant-Regulatory Mechanism for Electricity Transmission Expansion," Working papers DTE 389, CIDE, División de Economía.
- William Hogan & Juan Rosellón & Ingo Vogelsang, 2010. "Toward a Combined Merchant-Regulatory Mechanism for Electricity Transmission Expansion," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1025, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Laurent-Lucchetti, Jérémy & Leroux, Justin, 2009. "Axiomatic foundation for Lindahl pricing in the NIMBY context," MPRA Paper 14930, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giuseppe Cappiello & Paola Garrone & Paolo Nardi, 2013. "Cooperation in the initial stages of infrastructure projects: a conceptual model and surv ey of Italian utility managers," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(1), pages 41-68.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:269-277 is not listed on IDEAS
- Groppi, Angelamaria & Fumagalli, Elena, 2014. "Network expansion by a proactive transmission system operator: A case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 610-623.
- Vajjhala, Shalini & Paul, Anthony & Sweeney, Richard & Palmer, Karen, 2008. "Green Corridors: Linking Interregional Transmission Expansion and Renewable Energy Policies," Discussion Papers dp-08-06, Resources For the Future.
- Fischlein, Miriam & Wilson, Elizabeth J. & Peterson, Tarla R. & Stephens, Jennie C., 2013. "States of transmission: Moving towards large-scale wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 101-113.
- Lucas W. Davis, 2008.
"The Effect of Power Plants on Local Housing Values and Rents: Evidence from Restricted Census Microdata,"
0809, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Lucas Davis, 2008. "The Effect of Power Plants on Local Housing Values and Rents: Evidence from Restricted Census Microdata," Working Papers 08-19, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Giuseppe Bellantuono, 2014. "The regulatory anticommons of green infrastructures," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 325-354, April.
- Lienert, Pascal & Suetterlin, Bernadette & Siegrist, Michael, 2015. "Public acceptance of the expansion and modification of high-voltage power lines in the context of the energy transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 573-583.
- Lee, Taehwa & Lee, Taedong & Lee, Yujin, 2014. "An experiment for urban energy autonomy in Seoul: The One ‘Less’ Nuclear Power Plant policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 311-318.
More about this item
Keywordselectric transmission lines; facilities siting; public opposition; Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs); siting difficulty;
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- L98 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-06-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .