The Health Impacts of Exposure to Indoor Air Pollution from Solid Fuels in Developing Countries: Knowledge, Gaps, and Data Needs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Agarwal, Bina, 1983. "Diffusion of rural innovations: Some analytical issues and the case of wood-burning stoves," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 359-376, April.
- James J. Heckman & Jeffrey A. Smith, 1995. "Assessing the Case for Social Experiments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 85-110, Spring.
- Ravindranath, N. H. & Ramakrishna, J., 1997. "Energy options for cooking in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 63-75, January.
- Masera, Omar R. & Saatkamp, Barbara D. & Kammen, Daniel M., 2000. "From Linear Fuel Switching to Multiple Cooking Strategies: A Critique and Alternative to the Energy Ladder Model," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2083-2103, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Langbein, Jörg & Peters, Jörg & Vance, Colin, 2017. "Outdoor cooking prevalence in developing countries and its implication for clean cooking policies," Ruhr Economic Papers 680, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Bielecki, Christopher & Wingenbach, Gary, 2014. "Rethinking improved cookstove diffusion programs: A case study of social perceptions and cooking choices in rural Guatemala," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 350-358.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:1380-1391 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pachauri, Shonali & Spreng, Daniel, 2011. "Measuring and monitoring energy poverty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7497-7504.
- Oparinde, Adewale, 2010. "Investigating the relationship between income, health and biomass consumption: a panel data analysis," MPRA Paper 39305, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- E. Somanathan, 2010.
"Effects of Information on Environmental Quality in Developing Countries,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 275-292.
- E. Somanathan, 2010. "Effects of information on environmental quality in developing countries," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 10-04, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Arora, Pooja & Jain, Suresh, 2016. "A review of chronological development in cookstove assessment methods: Challenges and way forward," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 203-220.
- repec:eee:energy:v:135:y:2017:i:c:p:767-776 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ian H. Rowlands, 2011. "Co-impacts of energy-related climate change mitigation in Africa�s least developed countries: the evidence base and research needs," GRI Working Papers 39, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Rowlands, Ian, 2011. "Co-impacts of energy-related climate change mitigation in Africa’s least developed countries: the evidence base and research needs," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 37575, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Seema Jayachandran, 2009.
"Air Quality and Early-Life Mortality: Evidence from Indonesia’s Wildfires,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 44(4).
- Seema Jayachandran, 2008. "Air Quality and Early-Life Mortality: Evidence from Indonesia's Wildfires," NBER Working Papers 14011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jin, Yinlong & Ma, Xiao & Chen, Xining & Cheng, Yibin & Baris, Enis & Ezzati, Majid, 2006. "Exposure to indoor air pollution from household energy use in rural China: The interactions of technology, behavior, and knowledge in health risk management," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(12), pages 3161-3176, June.
- Duncan Chaplin & Arif Mamun & Ali Protik & John Schurrer & Divya Vohra & Kristine Bos & Hannah Burak & Laura Meyer & Anca Dumitrescu & Christopher Ksoll & Thomas Cook, "undated". "Grid Electricity Expansion in Tanzania by MCC: Findings from a Rigorous Impact Evaluation, Final Report," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 144768f69008442e96369195e, Mathematica Policy Research.
- repec:spr:bioerq:v:2:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s41247-017-0029-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark M. Pitt & Mark R. Rosenzweig & Md. Nazmul Hassan, 2005. "Sharing the Burden of Disease: Gender, the Household Division of Labor and the Health Effects of Indoor Air Pollution," CID Working Papers 119, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Parikh, Jyoti, 2011. "Hardships and health impacts on women due to traditional cooking fuels: A case study of Himachal Pradesh, India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7587-7594.
- Langbein, Jörg, 2017. "Firewood, smoke and respiratory diseases in developing countries: The neglected role of outdoor cooking," Ruhr Economic Papers 697, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Ian Rowlands, 2011. "Ancillary impacts of energy-related climate change mitigation options in Africa’s least developed countries," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 16(7), pages 749-773, October.
- Stephan Klasen & Rahul Lahoti, 2016. "How Serious is the Neglect of Intra-Household Inequality in Multi-dimensional Poverty Indices?," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 200, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:107:y:2017:i:c:p:507-523 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:socmed:v:183:y:2017:i:c:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mirzabaev, Alisher & Guta, Dawit & Goedecke, Jann & Gaur, Varun & Börner, Jan & Virchow, Detlef & Denich, Manfred & von Braun, Joachim, 2014. "Bioenergy, Food Security and Poverty Reduction: Mitigating tradeoffs and promoting synergies along the Water- Energy-Food Security Nexus," Working Papers 180421, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Grogan, Louise & Sadanand, Asha, 2013.
"Rural Electrification and Employment in Poor Countries: Evidence from Nicaragua,"
Elsevier, pages 252-265.
- Louise Grogan, 2013. "Rural Electrification and Employment in Poor Countries: Evidence from Nicaragua," Working Papers 1303, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Seema Jayachandran, 2005. "Air Quality and Infant Mortality During Indonesia's Massive Wildfires in 1997," UCLA Economics Online Papers 358, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Gao, Xiang & Yu, Qi & Chen, Limin, 2007. "Health effects engineering: Perspectives for environmental health and environmental engineering studies--domestic biomass combustion as an example," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1433-1438, March.
More about this item
KeywordsHousehold Energy; Developing Countries; Exposure Assessment; Exposure-Response Relationship; Indoor Air Pollution; Intervention; Public Health.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2006-01-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2006-01-24 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-02-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .