Learning and the Dynamics of Exporting: Theory and Evidence from French Firms
of exporting behavior. In addition - and diﬀerently from a standard sunk cost model - the model predicts more persistence of exporting behavior in markets with better legal institutions and for more productive exporters. We test these and other predictions on French ﬁrm level export data that include information on the destinations of individual ﬁrms’ exports and ﬁnd strong evidence in favor of our model.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Marina Azzimonti Department of Economics Stonybrook University 10 Nicolls Road Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luis Araujo & Emanuel Ornelas, 2005.
IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers
2005-08, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
- Luis Araujo & Emanuel Ornelas, 2007. "Trust-based trade," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19693, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Luis Araujo & Emanuel Ornelas, 2007. "Trust-Based Trade," CEP Discussion Papers dp0820, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ines Buono & Harald Fadinger & Stefan Berger, 2008. "The Micro Dynamic of Exporting-Evidence from French Firms," Vienna Economics Papers 0901, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Ines Buono & Harald Fadinger, 2012. "The micro dynamics of exporting: evidence from French firms," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 880, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Buono, Ines & Fadinger, Harald & Berger, Stefan, 2008. "The Micro Dynamics of Exporting: Evidence from French Firms," MPRA Paper 12940, University Library of Munich, Germany.