Learning and the Dynamics of Exporting: Theory and Evidence from French Firms
of exporting behavior. In addition - and diﬀerently from a standard sunk cost model - the model predicts more persistence of exporting behavior in markets with better legal institutions and for more productive exporters. We test these and other predictions on French ﬁrm level export data that include information on the destinations of individual ﬁrms’ exports and ﬁnd strong evidence in favor of our model.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ines Buono & Harald Fadinger & Stefan Berger, 2008.
"The Micro Dynamic of Exporting-Evidence from French Firms,"
Vienna Economics Papers
0901, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Ines Buono & Harald Fadinger, 2012. "The micro dynamics of exporting: evidence from French firms," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 880, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Buono, Ines & Fadinger, Harald & Berger, Stefan, 2008. "The Micro Dynamics of Exporting: Evidence from French Firms," MPRA Paper 12940, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luis Araujo & Emanuel Ornelas, 2007.
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
19693, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Besedes, Tibor & Prusa, Thomas J., 2006. "Product differentiation and duration of US import trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 339-358, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed009:606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.