Economic Analysis of the Droit de Suite - The Artist's Resale Royalty
The paper reviews Droit de Suite legislation which will provide that living artists and the estates of recently dead artists will receive a percentage royalty on resales of their work.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: St. Lucia, Qld. 4072|
Phone: +61 7 3365 6570
Fax: +61 7 3365 7299
Web page: http://www.uq.edu.au/economics/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karp, Larry S. & Perloff, Jeffery M., 1993.
"Legal requirements that artists receive resale royalties,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 163-177, June.
- Karp, Larry & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1992. "Legal Requirements that Artists Receive Resale Royalties," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt33f9k5bw, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Michael F. Bryan, 1985. "Beauty and the bulls: the investment characteristics of paintings," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q I, pages 2-10.
- MacDonald, Glenn M, 1988. "The Economics of Rising Stars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 155-166, March.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)