Co-operation over Distance? The Spatial Dimension of Inter-organisational Innovation Collaboration
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anja Dettmann & Sidonia Proff & Thomas Brenner, 2015. "Co-operation over distance? The spatial dimension of inter-organizational innovation collaboration," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 729-753, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andre Torre, 2008. "On the Role Played by Temporary Geographical Proximity in Knowledge Transmission," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 869-889.
- Tom Broekel & Andreas Meder, 2008.
"The Bright and Dark Side of Cooperation for Regional Innovation Performance,"
DRUID Working Papers
08-12, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Tom Broekel & Andreas Meder, 2008. "The Bright and Dark Side of Cooperation for Regional Innovation Performance," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-053, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Tom Broekel & Andreas Meder, 2008. "The Bright and Dark Side of Cooperation for Regional Innovation Performance," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0811, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jun 2008.
- Cantner, Uwe & Graf, Holger, 2006.
"The network of innovators in Jena: An application of social network analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 463-480, May.
- Uwe Cantner & Holger Graf, 2004. "The Network of Innovators in Jena: An Application of Social Network Analysis," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 04/2004, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Jasjit Singh, 2005. "Collaborative Networks as Determinants of Knowledge Diffusion Patterns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(5), pages 756-770, May.
- Tom Broekel & Martin Binder, 2007.
"The Regional Dimension of Knowledge Transfers—A Behavioral Approach,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 151-175.
- Tom Broekel & Martin Binder, 2006. "The Regional Dimension of Knowledge Transfers - A Behavioral Approach," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2006-12, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Roderik Ponds & Frank van Oort & Koen Frenken, 2007. "The geographical and institutional proximity of research collaboration," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 423-443, August.
- Bayona, Cristina & Garcia-Marco, Teresa & Huerta, Emilio, 2001. "Firms' motivations for cooperative R&D: an empirical analysis of Spanish firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1289-1307, October.
- Maskell, Peter & Malmberg, Anders, 1999. "Localised Learning and Industrial Competitiveness," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 167-185, March.
- Teis Hansen, 2015.
"Substitution or Overlap? The Relations between Geographical and Non-spatial Proximity Dimensions in Collaborative Innovation Projects,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(10), pages 1672-1684, October.
- Hansen, Teis, 2013. "Substitution or overlap? The relations between geographical and non-spatial proximity dimensions in collaborative innovation projects," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/18, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Editorial: Role of Proximity in Interaction and Performance: Conceptual and Empirical Challenges," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 41-45.
- Amin, Ash & Wilkinson, Frank, 1999. "Learning, Proximity and Industrial Performance: An Introduction," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 121-125, March.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2009. "Mobility of skilled workers and co-invention networks: an anatomy of localized knowledge flows," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 439-468, July.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Harald Bathelt & Andersand Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "Clusters and Knowledge Local Buzz, Global Pipelines and the Process of Knowledge Creation," DRUID Working Papers 02-12, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Kevin Morgan, 1997. "The Learning Region: Institutions, Innovation and Regional Renewal," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 491-503.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2003. "Mobility and Social Networks: Localised Knowledge Spillovers Revisited," KITeS Working Papers 142, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Mar 2003.
- Freel, Mark S., 2003. "Sectoral patterns of small firm innovation, networking and proximity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 751-770, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rossi, Federica & Caloffi, Annalisa & Russo, Margherita, 2016.
"Networked by design: Can policy requirements influence organisations' networking behaviour?,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change,
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 203-214.
- Rossi, Federica & Caloffi, Annalisa & Russo, Margherita, 2015. "Networked by design: Can policy requirements influence organisations’ networking behaviour?," MPRA Paper 69327, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2016.
More about this item
Keywordsinnovation collaboration; collaboration over distance; network formation; Germany;
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- O38 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2012-08-23 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-GEO-2012-08-23 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2012-08-23 (Innovation)
- NEP-PPM-2012-08-23 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-URE-2012-08-23 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pum:wpaper:2012-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christoph Mengs). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .