A model for pricing real estate derivatives with stochastic interest rates
The real estate derivatives market allows participants to manage risk and return from exposure to property, without buying or selling directly the underlying asset. Such market is growing very fast hence the need to rely on simple yet effective pricing models is very great. In order to take into account the real estate market sensitivity to the interest rate term structure in this paper is presented a two-factor model where the real estate asset value and the spot rate dynamics are jointly modeled. The pricing problem for both European and American options is then analyzed and since no closed-form solution can be found a bidimensional binomial lattice framework is adopted. The model proposed allows calibration to the interest rate and volatility term structures.
|Date of creation:||08 Aug 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- D. Sondermann & Sandmann, K., 1994. "On the Stability of Log-Normal Interest Rate Models and the Pricing of Eurodollar Futures," Discussion Paper Serie B 263, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Klaus Sandmann & Dieter Sondermann, 1997. "A Note on the Stability of Lognormal Interest Rate Models and the Pricing of Eurodollar Futures," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 119-125.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:9924. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.