The role of education in economic development: a theoretical perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1989. "Growth and Welfare in a Small Open Economy," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275466, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- Ben-David, Dan & Loewy, Michael B, 1995.
"Free Trade and Long-Run Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1183, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ben-David, Dan & Loewy, Michael B., 1996. "Free Trade and Long-Run Growth," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275620, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- Ben-David, D. & Loewy, M.B., 1996. "Free Trade and Long-Run Growth," Papers 32-96, Tel Aviv.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Wolfe, Barbara L., 1987. "How does mother's schooling affect family health, nutrition, medical care usage, and household sanitation?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 185-204.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Wood, Adrian, 1995. "North-South Trade, Employment and Inequality: Changing Fortunes in a Skill-Driven World," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290155.
- Birdsall, Nancy, 1993. "Social development is economic development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1123, The World Bank.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Deolalikar, Anil B., 1988. "Health and nutrition," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.),Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 631-711, Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elizabeth N. Appiah, 2017. "The Effect of Education Expenditure on Per Capita GDP in Developing Countries," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 9(10), pages 136-144, October.
- Widarti Widarti & Desfitrina Desfitrina & Zulfadhli Zulfadhli, 2020. "Business Process Life Cycle Affects Company Financial Performance: Micro, Small, and Medium Business Enterprises During The Covid-19 Period," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 10(5), pages 211-219.
- Karagiannis, Dimitris & Metaxas, Theodore, 2017. "Local Authorities’ contribution on Gastronomy Tourism Development: the case of Ontario, Canada," MPRA Paper 79325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Moritz Jellenz & Vito Bobek & Tatjana Horvat, 2020. "Impact of Education on Sustainable Economic Development in Emerging Markets—The Case of Namibia’s Tertiary Education System and its Economy," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-1, October.
- Alexander Cotte Poveda, 2013.
"The relationship between development, investments, insecurity and social conditions in Colombia: a dynamic approach,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(5), pages 2769-2783, August.
- Alexander Cotte Poveda, 2013. "The relationship between development, investments, insecurity and social conditions in Colombia: a dynamic approach," Serie de Documentos en Economía y Violencia 010463, Centro de Investigaciones en Violencia, Instituciones y Desarrollo Económico (VIDE).
- Catalin Chiriac, 2010. "Human Capital And Education For Sustainable Development In A Global World," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 2(4), pages 11-19, December.
- Ozturk, Ilhan, 2002. "Economic and social issues of east and southeast turkey: policy implications," MPRA Paper 1582, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ruba Abdullah Aljarallah, 2020. "The Economic Impacts of Natural Resource Dependency in Gulf Countries," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 10(6), pages 36-52.
- Nurlan Kurmanov & Amangeldy Dogalov & Sungat Toktasynov & Assem Baktymbet & Saule Baktymbet & Assel Rakhimbekova & Aizhan Satbayeva, 2017. "Innovation Process Management as the Basis of Enterprise Development," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 458-464.
- Vatroslav Zovko, 2014. "Long Range Prospects of Education - from Now until Singularity," Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems - scientific journal, Croatian Interdisciplinary Society Provider Homepage: http://indecs.eu, vol. 12(2), pages 161-175.
- Tudose Mihaela Brindusa & Cadiş Mihaela Narciza, 2013. "The Role Of Education In The Economic Development," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 85-92, August.
- Ruba A. Aljarallah & Andrew Angus, 2020. "Dilemma of Natural Resource Abundance: A Case Study of Kuwait," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(1), pages 21582440198, January.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman Development; Economic Growth; Poverty; Labour Productivity; Education; Technology; Trade; Health;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:9023. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.