The role of education in economic development: a theoretical perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1989. "Growth And Welfare In A Small Open Economy," Papers 15-89, Tel Aviv.
- Ben-David, Dan & Loewy, Michael B, 1995. "Free Trade and Long-Run Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1183, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Wolfe, Barbara L., 1987. "How does mother's schooling affect family health, nutrition, medical care usage, and household sanitation?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 185-204.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Wood, Adrian, 1995. "North-South Trade, Employment and Inequality: Changing Fortunes in a Skill-Driven World," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290155.
- Birdsall, Nancy, 1993. "Social development is economic development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1123, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catalin Chiriac, 2010. "Human Capital And Education For Sustainable Development In A Global World," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 2(4), pages 11-19, December.
- Ozturk, Ilhan, 2002. "Economic and social issues of east and southeast turkey: policy implications," MPRA Paper 1582, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ibn:ijefaa:v:9:y:2017:i:10:p:136-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nurlan Kurmanov & Amangeldy Dogalov & Sungat Toktasynov & Assem Baktymbet & Saule Baktymbet & Assel Rakhimbekova & Aizhan Satbayeva, 2017. "Innovation Process Management as the Basis of Enterprise Development," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 458-464.
- Vatroslav Zovko, 2014. "Long Range Prospects of Education - from Now until Singularity," Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems - scientific journal, Croatian Interdisciplinary Society Provider Homepage: http://indecs.eu, vol. 12(2), pages 161-175.
- Karagiannis, Dimitris & Metaxas, Theodore, 2017. "Local Authorities’ contribution on Gastronomy Tourism Development: the case of Ontario, Canada," MPRA Paper 79325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexander Cotte Poveda, 2013.
"The relationship between development, investments, insecurity and social conditions in Colombia: a dynamic approach,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology,
Springer, vol. 47(5), pages 2769-2783, August.
- Alexander Cotte Poveda, 2013. "The relationship between development, investments, insecurity and social conditions in Colombia: a dynamic approach," SERIE DE DOCUMENTOS EN ECONOMÍA Y VIOLENCIA 010463, CENTRO DE INVESTIGACIONES EN VIOLENCIA, INSTITUCIONES Y DESARROLLO ECONÓMICO (VIDE).
- Tudose Mihaela Brindusa & Cadiş Mihaela Narciza, 2013. "The Role Of Education In The Economic Development," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 85-92, August.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman Development; Economic Growth; Poverty; Labour Productivity; Education; Technology; Trade; Health;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:9023. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .