Le développement économique des prestataires logistiques
[The Economic Development of the 3PL]
This paper concerns the recent development of large international firms in the logistics and transport industry. Our work is based on an historic comparison of the American and French market for logistics and transport activities along the twentieth century. We retrace three important period, the first period from the end of the first world war to the seventies is marked by the growing competition between rail transport and road haulage, and by the equally growing regulation in the various freight transport activities. The second period form the end of the seventies to the middle of the nineties is a turning point period for the transport sector: international trade become more liberalized, deregulation of the transport sector occurs, new technologies are diffusing, and many shippers are adopting just in time form of organization. We show that as a consequence of these transformations, in a third period running from the middle of nineties through these days, many transportations firms react by adopting a new form of organization more internationalized and more integrated.
|Date of creation:||03 Jun 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard E. Baldwin, 2011.
"Multilateralising Regionalism: Spaghetti Bowls as Building Blocks on the Path to Global Free Trade,"
in: International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume I, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Richard E. Baldwin, 2006. "Multilateralising Regionalism: Spaghetti Bowls as Building Blocs on the Path to Global Free Trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(11), pages 1451-1518, November.
- Baldwin, Richard, 2006. "Multilateralising Regionalism: Spaghetti Bowls as Building Blocs on the Path to Global Free Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 5775, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Baldwin, 2006. "Multilateralising Regionalism: Spaghetti Bowls as Building Blocs on the Path to Global Free Trade," NBER Working Papers 12545, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Baldwin, 2007. "Multilateralising Regionalism: Sphagetti Bowls as building Blocs on the Path to Global Free Trade," Working Papers id:1231, eSocialSciences.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1998. "Integration of Trade and Disintegration of Production in the Global Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 31-50, Fall.
- Robert C. Feenstra, "undated". "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Department of Economics 98-06, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Robert Feenstra, 2003. "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Working Papers 986, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Cafruny, Alan W., 1985. "The political economy of international shipping: Europe versus America," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(01), pages 79-119, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8945. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.