Regulation of NGN: Structural Separation, Access Regulation, or No Regulation at All?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fabian KIRSCH & Christian von HIRSCHHAUSEN, 2008. "Regulation of NGN: Structural Separation, Access Regulation, or No Regulation at All?," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(69), pages 63-84, 1st quart.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oecd, 2005. "Next Generation Network Development in OECD Countries," OECD Digital Economy Papers 89, OECD Publishing.
- Joshua Gans & Stephen King, 2003.
"Access Holidays for Network Infrastructure Investment,"
Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform,
Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 10(2), pages 163-178.
- Joshua Gans & Stephen King, 2003. "Access Holidays for Network Infrastructure Investment," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-39, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- de Bijl, Paul & Peitz, Martin, 2008.
"Innovation, convergence and the role of regulation in the Netherlands and beyond,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 744-754, December.
- Paul de Bijl & M. Peitz, 2008. "Innovation, convergence and the role of regulation in the Netherlands and beyond," CPB Discussion Paper 108, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Guthrie, Graeme, 2006. "Regulating Infrastructure: The Impact on Risk and Investment," Working Paper Series 3851, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- de Bijl, P.W.J. & Peitz, M., 2007. "Innovation, Convergence and the Role of Regulation in the Netherlands," Discussion Paper 2007-016, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Marcus, J. Scott, 2005. "Is the U.S. Dancing to a Different Drummer?," MPRA Paper 2514, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graeme Guthrie, 2006. "Regulating Infrastructure: The Impact on Risk and Investment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 44(4), pages 925-972, December.
- M. Cave & L. Correa & P. Crocioni, 2006. "Regulating for Non-price Discrimination: The case of UK Fixed Telecoms," Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, Intersentia, vol. 7(3), pages 391-416, September.
- Timothy Tardiff, 2007. "Changes in industry structure and technological convergence: implications for competition policy and regulation in telecommunications," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 109-133, August.
- Cave, Martin, 2006. "Six Degrees of Separation : Operational Separation as a Remedy in European Telecommunications Regulation," MPRA Paper 3572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Howell, Bronwyn, 2014. "Separation anxieties: Structural separation and technological diffusion in nascent fibre networks," 20th ITS Biennial Conference, Rio de Janeiro 2014: The Net and the Internet - Emerging Markets and Policies 106840, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Juan José Ganuza & Karla Perca & Maria Fernanda Viecens Trocello, 2010. "Las Redes de Nueva Generación en España. Situación actual y retos para el futuro," Economic Reports 02-2010, FEDEA.
- Scott Marcus & Dieter Elixmann, 2010. "International Regulatory Comparisons: The Evolution of IP-based Fiber," Chapters,in: Regulation and the Evolution of the Global Telecommunications Industry, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gonçalves, Ricardo & Nascimento, Álvaro, 2010.
"The momentum for network separation: A guide for regulators,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 355-365, August.
- Ricardo Gonçalves & Álvaro Nascimento, 2009. "The momentum for network separation: a guide for regulators," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 03, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Howell, Bronwyn, 2014. "Structural Separation and Technological Diffusion," Working Paper Series 4353, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Ragoobar, Tricia & Whalley, Jason & Harle, David, 2010. "The interplay between market factors and regulation in next-generation broadband: evidence from Europe," 21st European Regional ITS Conference, Copenhagen 2010: Telecommunications at new crossroads - Changing value configurations, user roles, and regulation 44, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- repec:ers:journl:v:xv:y:2012:i:sie:p:157-194 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Yu & Song, Luona & Lv, Tingjie & Chen, Xia, 2017. "Analysis on the Key Factors of the Network Separation in China in the Era of Telecommunications 4.0," 14th ITS Asia-Pacific Regional Conference, Kyoto 2017: Mapping ICT into Transformation for the Next Information Society 168550, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Isabel Soares & Paula Sarmento, 2012. "Unbundling in the Telecommunications and the Electricity Sectors: How Far should it Go?," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 157-194.
- Beltrán, Fernando, 2014. "Fibre-to-the-home, high-speed and national broadband plans: Tales from Down Under," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 715-729.
More about this item
KeywordsNext Generation Network; deregulation; access regulation; structural separation;
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2008-05-31 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-REG-2008-05-31 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8822. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.