Sustainable use of renewable resources, Chapter 2.1
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heal, Geoffrey M., 1993. "The optimal use of exhaustible resources," Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics,in: A. V. Kneese† & J. L. Sweeney (ed.), Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 18, pages 855-880 Elsevier.
- Berry, R. Stephen & Salamon, Peter & Heal, Geoffrey, 1978. "On a relation between economic and thermodynamic optima," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 125-137, October.
- Heal, G.M., 1995. "Interpreting Sustainability," Papers 95-24, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Graciela Chichilnisky, 1997. "What Is Sustainable Development?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(4), pages 467-491.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela & Gruenwald, Paul F., 1995.
"Existence of an optimal growth path with endogenous technical change,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(3-4), pages 433-439, June.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela & Gruenwald, Paul F., 1994. "Existence of an optimal growth path with endogenous technical change," MPRA Paper 8394, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loewenstein, George & Thaler, Richard H, 1989. "Intertemporal Choice," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 181-193, Fall.
- Partha Dasgupta & Geoffrey Heal & Joseph E. Stiflitx, 1980. "The Taxation of Exhaustible Resources," NBER Working Papers 0436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrea Beltratti & Graciela Chichilnisky & Geoffrey Heal, 1993. "Sustainable Growth and the Green Golden Rule," NBER Working Papers 4430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heal, G., 1998. "Valuing the Future: Economic Theory and Sustainability," Papers 98-10, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela & Heal, Geoffrey & Beltratti, Andrea, 1995. "The Green Golden Rule," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 175-179, August.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1977. "Nonlinear functional analysis and optimal economic growth," MPRA Paper 7990, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela & Beltratti, Andrea & Heal, Geoffrey, 1994. "The environment and the long run: A comparison of different criteria," MPRA Paper 7907, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harvey, Charles M., 1994. "The reasonableness of non-constant discounting," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 31-51, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Seiichi Katayama & Ngo Van Long, 2006. "Non-Smooth Sustainable Development With Overshooting," CIRANO Working Papers 2006s-26, CIRANO.
- Giovanni Bella & Carla Massidda & Ivan Etzo, 2013.
"A Panel Estimation of the Relationship between Income, Electric Power Consumption and CO2 Emissions,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik),
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 59(2), pages 149-166.
- Bellla, Gianni & Massidda, Carla & Etzo, Ivan, 2010. "A panel estimation of the relationship between income, electric power consumption and CO2 emissions," MPRA Paper 26077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gowdy, John M., 2008. "Behavioral economics and climate change policy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 632-644, December.
- Voosholz, Frauke, 2014. "The influence of different production functions on modeling resource extraction and economic growth," CAWM Discussion Papers 72, University of Münster, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM).
- Isabel Almudi & Julio Sánchez Chóliz, 2011. "Sustainable use of renewable resources: an identity approach," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 97-123, July.
- John M. Gowdy & Richard Howarth & Clem Tisdell, 2010. "The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity: Ecological and Economic Foundations," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 1008, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 2009.
"Avoiding extinction: equal treatment of the present and the future,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 3, pages 1-25.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 2009. "Avoiding Extinction: Equal Treatment of the Present and the Future," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-8, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Graciela Chichilnisky, 2009. "Avoiding Extinction: Equal Treatment of the Present and the Future," Working Papers 09-07, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Aug 2009.
- Alvarez-Cuadrado, Francisco & Van Long, Ngo, 2009.
"A mixed Bentham-Rawls criterion for intergenerational equity: Theory and implications,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 154-168, September.
- Francisco Alvarez-Cuadrado & Ngo Van Long, 2007. "A Mixed Bentham-Rawls Criterion For Intergenerational Equity: Theory And Implications," Departmental Working Papers 2007-03, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- ALVAREZ-CUADRADO, Francisco & LONG, Ngo Van, 2007. "A Mixed Bentham-Rawls Criterion for Intergenerational Equity : Theory and Implications," Cahiers de recherche 06-2007, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Simone Valente, 2005.
"Sustainable Development, Renewable Resources and Technological Progress,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(1), pages 115-125, January.
- Simone Valente, 2004. "Sustainable Development: Renewable Resources and Technological Progress," CEIS Research Paper 54, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Verchère, Alban, 2011. "Le développement durable en question : analyses économiques autour d’un improbable compromis entre acceptions optimiste et pessimiste du rapport de l’Homme à la Nature," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 87(3), pages 337-403, septembre.
- Charles Figuières & Mabel Tidball, 2012.
"Sustainable exploitation of a natural resource: a satisfying use of Chichilnisky’s criterion,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(2), pages 243-265, February.
- Charles Figuières & Mabel Tidball, 2006. "Sustainable exploitation of a natural resource: a satisfying use of Chichilnisky's criterion," Working Papers 06-03, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Sep 2006.
More about this item
Keywordsrenewable resources; sustainability; optimization; mathematical modeling; sustainable development; policy;
- Q38 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy (includes OPEC Policy)
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8815. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .