Энергетическая Стратегия России И Развитие Возобновляемой Энергетики
[Russian Energy Strategy and development of renewable power industry]
We consider two scenarios of the development of renewable power industry in Russia on an example of the Dasgupta-Heal-Solow-Stiglitz model. We assume that the resource rent is being invested into capital in the form of renewable power technologies according to the standard Hartwick saving rule. We use the modified Hotelling rule that reflects externalities implying, in particular, growing rates of oil extraction. We have shown that the growing extraction, prescribed by the Russian Energy Strategy (RES), implies growth of capital and the corresponding growth of per capita consumption in the short run (about 13 years). However, this growth is not sustainable and follows the decline in per capita consumption in the long run. An alternative hypothetical scenario of sustainable extraction implies always growing per capita consumption with the higher level in the long run in comparison with the RES-scenario.
|Date of creation:||21 May 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. M. Solow, 1973. "Intergenerational Equity and Exhaustable Resources," Working papers 103, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Gérard Gaudet, 2007. "Natural resource economics under the rule of Hotelling," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1033-1059, November.
- Bazhanov, Andrei, 2007. "The peak of oil extraction and consistency of the government's short- and long-run policies," MPRA Paper 2507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heal, G., 1990.
"The Optimal Use Of Exhaustible Resources,"
fb-_90-10, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Andreeva, Anastasiya & Bazhanov, Andrei, 2007.
"Сценарии Перехода К Устойчивым Темпам Добычи Нефти В России
[Scenarios of transition to sustainable oil extraction in Russia]," MPRA Paper 5343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Hartwick, 1976.
"Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources,"
220, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hartwick, John M, 1977. "Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 972-74, December.
- Bazhanov, Andrei V., 2007. "The transition to an oil contraction economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 186-193, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8804. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.