Financialisation and Development: how can emerging economies catch up?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giuseppe Fontana, 2004. "Rethinking Endogenous Money: A Constructive Interpretation Of The Debate Between Horizontalists And Structuralists," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 367-385, November.
- Jan Kregel, 2004. "Can we create a stable international financial environment that ensures net resource transfers to developing countries?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 573-590.
- Malcolm Sawyer, 2013. "What Is Financialization?," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 5-18.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2013.
"Gattopardo economics: the crisis and the mainstream response of change that keeps things the same,"
European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention,
Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 193-206.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2013. "Gattopardo economics: The crisis and the mainstream response of change that keeps things the same," IMK Working Paper 112-2013, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Nabakashi, Luciano & Costa da Silva, Guilherme Jonas & Oreiro, José Luis & Guimarães e Souza, Gustavo José, 2012.
"The economics of demand-led growth: theory and evidence for Brazil,"
Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- José Luís Oreiro & Luciano Nakabashi, 2007. "The Economics of Demand Led-Growth Theory and Evidence for Brazil," Working Papers 0070, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics.
- José Luis Oreiro & Luciano Nakabashi & Guilherme Jonas & Gustavo Souza, 2010. "The Economics of Demand Led-Growth: Theory and Evidence for Brazil," Working papers - Textos para Discussao do Departamento de Economia da Universidade de Brasilia 339, Departamento de Economia da Universidade de Brasilia.
- Paul Davidson, 1994. "Post Keynesian Macroeconomic Theory," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 124.
- repec:mes:postke:v:40:y:2017:i:2:p:183-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lavoie, Marc, 1996.
"Horizontalism, Structuralism, Liquidity Preference and the Principle of Increasing Risk,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 43(3), pages 275-300, August.
- Lavoie, M, 1995. "Horizontalism, Structuralism, Liquidity Preference and the Principle of Increasing Risk," Working Papers 9513e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Ocampo, Jose Antonio & Stiglitz, Joseph E. (ed.), 2008. "Capital Market Liberalization and Development," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199238446.
- José Antonio Ocampo, 2004. "Latin America's Growth and Equity Frustrations During Structural Reforms," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(2), pages 67-88, Spring.
- Friedman, Benjamin M, 1988. "Lessons on Monetary Policy from the 1980s," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 51-72, Summer.
- Bruno Bonizzi, 2013. "Financialization in Developing and Emerging Countries," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 83-107.
- Hansen, Per H., 2014. "From Finance Capitalism to Financialization: A Cultural and Narrative Perspective on 150 Years of Financial History," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(04), pages 605-642, December.
- Jayme Jr., Frederico G. & Prates Romero, João & Silveira, Fabrício, 2011. "Brazil: structural change and balance-of-payments-constrained growth," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- L. Randall Wray, 1992. "Commercial Banks, the Central Bank, and Endogenous Money," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 297-310, March.
- repec:mes:postke:v:38:y:2015:i:3:p:426-448 is not listed on IDEAS
- José Antonio Ocampo & Rob Vos, 2008. "Policy space and the changing paradigm in conducting macroeconomic policies in developing countries," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), New financing trends in Latin America: a bumpy road towards stability, volume 36, pages 28-45 Bank for International Settlements.
- Rogerio Andrade & Daniela Prates, 2013. "Exchange rate dynamics in a peripheral monetary economy," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 399-416.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1988. "Lessons On Monetary Policy From The 1980's," NBER Working Papers 2551, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gerald EPSTEIN & Ilene GRABEL & JOMO K.S., 2004. "Capital Management Techniques In Developing Countries: An Assessment Of Experiences From The 1990s And Lessons From The Future," G-24 Discussion Papers 27, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- John T. Harvey, 1991. "A Post Keynesian View of Exchange Rate Determination," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 61-71, September.
- Blyth, Mark, 2013. "Austerity: The History of a Dangerous Idea," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199828302.
- Martin Guzman & Jose Antonio Ocampo & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2017. "Real Exchange Rate Policies for Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 23868, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Victoria Chick, 1983. "Macroeconomics after Keynes: A Reconsideration of the General Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262530457, January.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancialisation; Developing Countries; Interest Rate; Exchange Rate; Policy Space;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:87076. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .