Financialisation and Development: how can emerging economies catch up?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giuseppe Fontana, 2004. "Rethinking Endogenous Money: A Constructive Interpretation Of The Debate Between Horizontalists And Structuralists," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 367-385, November.
- Jan Kregel, 2004. "Can we create a stable international financial environment that ensures net resource transfers to developing countries?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 573-590.
- Malcolm Sawyer, 2013. "What Is Financialization?," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 5-18.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2013.
"Gattopardo economics: the crisis and the mainstream response of change that keeps things the same,"
European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention,
Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 193-206.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2013. "Gattopardo economics: The crisis and the mainstream response of change that keeps things the same," IMK Working Paper 112-2013, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Nabakashi, Luciano & Costa da Silva, Guilherme Jonas & Oreiro, José Luis & Guimarães e Souza, Gustavo José, 2012.
"The economics of demand-led growth: theory and evidence for Brazil,"
Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- José Luís Oreiro & Luciano Nakabashi, 2007. "The Economics of Demand Led-Growth Theory and Evidence for Brazil," Working Papers 0070, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics.
- José Luis Oreiro & Luciano Nakabashi & Guilherme Jonas & Gustavo Souza, 2010. "The Economics of Demand Led-Growth: Theory and Evidence for Brazil," Working papers - Textos para Discussao do Departamento de Economia da Universidade de Brasilia 339, Departamento de Economia da Universidade de Brasilia.
- Paul Davidson, 1994. "Post Keynesian Macroeconomic Theory," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 124.
- repec:mes:postke:v:40:y:2017:i:2:p:183-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lavoie, Marc, 1996.
"Horizontalism, Structuralism, Liquidity Preference and the Principle of Increasing Risk,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 43(3), pages 275-300, August.
- Lavoie, M, 1995. "Horizontalism, Structuralism, Liquidity Preference and the Principle of Increasing Risk," Working Papers 9513e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Ocampo, Jose Antonio & Stiglitz, Joseph E. (ed.), 2008. "Capital Market Liberalization and Development," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199238446.
- José Antonio Ocampo, 2004. "Latin America's Growth and Equity Frustrations During Structural Reforms," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(2), pages 67-88, Spring.
- Friedman, Benjamin M, 1988. "Lessons on Monetary Policy from the 1980s," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 51-72, Summer.
- Bruno Bonizzi, 2013. "Financialization in Developing and Emerging Countries," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 83-107.
- Hansen, Per H., 2014. "From Finance Capitalism to Financialization: A Cultural and Narrative Perspective on 150 Years of Financial History," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(04), pages 605-642, December.
- Jayme Jr., Frederico G. & Prates Romero, João & Silveira, Fabrício, 2011. "Brazil: structural change and balance-of-payments-constrained growth," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- L. Randall Wray, 1992. "Commercial Banks, the Central Bank, and Endogenous Money," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 297-310, March.
- repec:mes:postke:v:38:y:2015:i:3:p:426-448 is not listed on IDEAS
- José Antonio Ocampo & Rob Vos, 2008. "Policy space and the changing paradigm in conducting macroeconomic policies in developing countries," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), New financing trends in Latin America: a bumpy road towards stability, volume 36, pages 28-45 Bank for International Settlements.
- Rogerio Andrade & Daniela Prates, 2013. "Exchange rate dynamics in a peripheral monetary economy," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 399-416.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1988. "Lessons On Monetary Policy From The 1980's," NBER Working Papers 2551, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gerald EPSTEIN & Ilene GRABEL & JOMO K.S., 2004. "Capital Management Techniques In Developing Countries: An Assessment Of Experiences From The 1990s And Lessons From The Future," G-24 Discussion Papers 27, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- John T. Harvey, 1991. "A Post Keynesian View of Exchange Rate Determination," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 61-71, September.
- Blyth, Mark, 2013. "Austerity: The History of a Dangerous Idea," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199828302.
- Victoria Chick, 1983. "Macroeconomics after Keynes: A Reconsideration of the General Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262530457, March.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancialisation; Developing Countries; Interest Rate; Exchange Rate; Policy Space;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:87076. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.