Algorithmic complexity theory and the relative efficiency of financial markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oh, Gabjin & Kim, Seunghwan & Eom, Cheoljun, 2007. "Market efficiency in foreign exchange markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 382(1), pages 209-212.
- Ching-Wei Tan, 1999. "Estimating the Complexity Function of Financial Time Series: An Estimation Based on Predictive Stochastic Complexity," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1143, Society for Computational Economics.
- Meredith Beechey & David Gruen & James Vickery, 2000. "The Efficient Market Hypothesis: A Survey," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2000-01, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristescu, C.P. & Stan, C. & Scarlat, E.I., 2009. "The dynamics of exchange rate time series and the chaos game," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(23), pages 4845-4855.
- Alvarez-Ramirez, J. & Rodriguez, E. & Espinosa-Paredes, G., 2012. "A partisan effect in the efficiency of the US stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(20), pages 4923-4932.
- Brandouy, Olivier & Delahaye, Jean-Paul & Ma, Lin & Zenil, Hector, 2014.
"Algorithmic complexity of financial motions,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 336-347.
- O. Brandouy & Lin Ma & Hector Zenil & Jean-Paul Delahaye, 2012. "Algorithmic complexity of financial motions," Post-Print hal-00802537, HAL.
- Olivier Brandouy & Jean-Paul Delahaye & Lin Ma & Hector Zenil, 2012. "Algorithmic Complexity of Financial Motions," ASSRU Discussion Papers 1204, ASSRU - Algorithmic Social Science Research Unit.
- Da Silva, Sergio, 2015. "Financial Market Efficiency Should be Gauged in Relative Rather than Absolute Terms," MPRA Paper 64497, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lucio Maria Calcagnile & Fulvio Corsi & Stefano Marmi, 2016. "Entropy and efficiency of the ETF market," Papers 1609.04199, arXiv.org.
- Zunino, Luciano & Zanin, Massimiliano & Tabak, Benjamin M. & Pérez, Darío G. & Rosso, Osvaldo A., 2010. "Complexity-entropy causality plane: A useful approach to quantify the stock market inefficiency," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(9), pages 1891-1901.
- Olivier Brandouy & Jean-Paul Delahaye & Lin Ma, 2015. "Estimating the Algorithmic Complexity of Stock Markets," Papers 1504.04296, arXiv.org.
- Giglio, Ricardo & Da Silva, Sergio, 2009. "Ranking the stocks listed on Bovespa according to their relative efficiency," MPRA Paper 22720, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial efficiency; algorithmic complexity;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-17 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .