Openness and the Effects of Monetary Policy in Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cwik, Tobias & Müller, Gernot J. & Wolters, Maik H., 2011.
"Does trade integration alter monetary policy transmission?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 545-564, April.
- Cwik, Tobias J. & Müller, Gernot J. & Wolters, Maik H., 2008. "Does trade integration alter monetary policy transmission?," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/29, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Cwik, Tobias & Müller, Gernot & Wolters, Maik H, 2010. "Does Trade Integration Alter Monetary Policy Transmission?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8026, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Effiong, Ekpeno & Esu, Godwin & Chuku, Chuku, 2017. "Financial Development and Monetary Policy Effectiveness in Africa," MPRA Paper 79732, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Romer, 1993.
"Openness and Inflation: Theory and Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 869-903.
- Hakan Berument & Nazli Konac & Ozge Senay, 2007. "Openness and the Effectiveness of Monetary Policy: A Cross-country Analysis," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 577-591.
- Hakan Berument & Burak Doan, 2003.
"Openness and the effectiveness of monetary policy: empirical evidence from Turkey,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 217-221.
- Burak Dogan & Hakan Berument, 2002. "Opennes and the Effectiveness of Monetary Policy : Empirical Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 0204, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
- Bruno Ćorić & Lena Malešević Perović & Vladimir Šimić, 2016. "Openness and the Strength of Monetary Transmission: International Evidence," Acta Oeconomica, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 66(4), pages 639-659, December.
- Cukierman, Alex & Webb, Steven B & Neyapti, Bilin, 1992. "Measuring the Independence of Central Banks and Its Effect on Policy Outcomes," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 353-398, September.
- Karras, Georgios, 1999. "Openness and the effects of monetary policy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 13-26, January.
- Georgios Karras, 2001. "Openness to Trade and the Potency of Monetary Policy: How Strong is the Relationship?," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Markus Brueckner & Daniel Lederman, 2015. "Trade Openness and Economic Growth: Panel Data Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 82, pages 1302-1323, December.
- repec:cem:jaecon:v:20:y:2017:n:1:p:121-140 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsOpenness; Monetary Policy; Africa.;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-08-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2017-08-27 (Central Banking)
- NEP-INT-2017-08-27 (International Trade)
- NEP-MAC-2017-08-27 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2017-08-27 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:80847. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.