Sustainable preferences via nondiscounted, hyperreal intergenerational welfare functions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lauwers, Luc, 2000. "Topological social choice," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-39, July.
- Brown, Donald J & Lewis, Lucinda M, 1981. "Myopic Economic Agents," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 359-368, March.
- Muthoo,Abhinay, 1999. "Bargaining Theory with Applications," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521576475, April.
- Fishburn, Peter C., 1970. "Arrow's impossibility theorem: Concise proof and infinite voters," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 103-106, March.
- Kirman, Alan P. & Sondermann, Dieter, 1972.
"Arrow's theorem, many agents, and invisible dictators,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 267-277, October.
- KIRMAN, Alan P. & SONDERMANN, Dieter, 1972. "Arrow's theorem, many agents, and indivisible dictators," CORE Discussion Papers RP 118, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Graciela Chichilnisky & Geoffrey Heal, 1997.
"Social choice with infinite populations: construction of a rule and impossibility results,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 14(2), pages 303-318.
- Chichilnisky, G. & Heal, G.M., 1995. "Social Choice with Infinite Populations: Construction of a Rule and Impossibility Results," Papers 95-19, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Andrew Caplin & John Leahy, 2004.
"The Social Discount Rate,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(6), pages 1257-1268, December.
- Andrew Caplin & John Leahy, 2000. "The Social Discount Rate," NBER Working Papers 7983, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Caplin & John Leahy, 2001. "The social discount rate," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 137, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Araujo, Aloisio, 1985. "Lack of Pareto Optimal Allocations in Economies with Infinitely Many Commodities: The Need for Impatience," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 455-461, March.
- Lauwers, Luc & Van Liedekerke, Luc, 1995. "Ultraproducts and aggregation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 217-237.
- Campbell, Donald E., 1990. "Intergenerational social choice without the Pareto principle," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 414-423, April.
- Graciela Chichilnisky, 1996. "An axiomatic approach to sustainable development," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 13(2), pages 231-257, April.
- Lauwers, Luc, 1993. "Infinite Chichilnisky rules," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 349-352.
- Esteban Induráin & José Ramón Uriarte & Juan Carlos Candeal, 1997. "Some issues related to the topological aggregation of preferences: addendum (*)," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 14(2), pages 359-361.
- Efimov, Boris A. & Koshevoy, Gleb A., 1994. "A topological approach to social choice with infinite populations," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 145-157, April.
More about this item
Keywordsintergenerational choice; intertemporal choice; infinite-horizon; nondiscounted; sustainable; hyperreal; nonstandard real numbers; nonstandard analysis;
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - General
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:7461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .