A representative individual from Arrovian aggregation of parametric individual utilities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Herzberg, Frederik, 2010. "A representative individual from Arrovian aggregation of parametric individual utilities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(6), pages 1115-1124, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anderson, Robert M., 1991. "Non-standard analysis with applications to economics," Handbook of Mathematical Economics,in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 39, pages 2145-2208 Elsevier.
- Clark, Stephen A., 1992. "The representative agent model of probabilistic social choice," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 45-66, February.
- Alan P. Kirman, 1992. "Whom or What Does the Representative Individual Represent?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 117-136, Spring.
- Grafe, F. & Grafe, J., 1983. "On arrow-type impossibility theorems with infinite individuals and infinite alternatives," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 75-79.
- Schmitz, Norbert, 1977. "A further note on arrow's impossibility theorem," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 189-196, August.
- Lauwers, Luc & Van Liedekerke, Luc, 1995. "Ultraproducts and aggregation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 217-237.
- Campbell, Donald E., 1990. "Intergenerational social choice without the Pareto principle," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 414-423, April.
- James E. Hartley, 1996. "Retrospectives: The Origins of the Representative Agent," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 169-177, Spring.
- Sen, Amartya, 1995. "Rationality and Social Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 1-24, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bedrosian, Geghard & Herzberg, Frederik, 2016. "Microeconomic foundations of representative agent models by means of ultraproducts," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 514, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- repec:spr:etbull:v:1:y:2013:i:1:d:10.1007_s40505-013-0004-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsUltraproduct; Nonstandard analysis; Ultrafilter; Arrovian social choice; Representative individual;
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2009-02-07 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-UPT-2009-02-07 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bie:wpaper:411. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bettina Weingarten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imbiede.html .