Interdependencies between Leverage and Capital Ratios in the Banking Sector of the Czech Republic
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Sorensen, Bent & Yesiltas, Sevcan, 2012.
"Leverage across firms, banks, and countries,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 284-298.
- Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Sørensen, Bent E & Yesiltas, Sevcan, 2011. "Leverage Across Firms, Banks and Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 8549, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & Bent Sorensen & Sevcan Yesiltas, 2011. "Leverage Across Firms, Banks, and Countries," NBER Working Papers 17354, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berger, Allen N. & Bouwman, Christa H.S., 2013. "How does capital affect bank performance during financial crises?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 146-176.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1999.
"Measuring Business Cycles: Approximate Band-Pass Filters For Economic Time Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 575-593, November.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1995. "Measuring Business Cycles Approximate Band-Pass Filters for Economic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 5022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "BKFILTER: RATS procedure to implement band pass filter using Baxter-King method," Statistical Software Components RTS00026, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tomas Klinger & Petr Teply, 2016. "The Nexus Between Systemic Risk and Sovereign Crises," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 66(1), pages 50-69, February.
- Karel Janda & Eva Michalikova & Jiri Skuhrovec, 2012. "Credit Support for Export: Evidence from the Czech Republic," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp461, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Adrian Blundell-Wignall & Paul Atkinson, 2010. "Thinking beyond Basel III: Necessary Solutions for Capital and Liquidity," OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2010(1), pages 9-33.
- Zuzana Fungacova & Petr Jakubik, 2013.
"Bank Stress Tests as an Information Device for Emerging Markets: The Case of Russia,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(1), pages 87-105, March.
- Zuzana Fungáèová & Petr Jakubík, 2012. "Bank Stress Tests as an Information Device for Emerging Markets: The Case of Russia," Working Papers IES 2012/04, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Feb 2012.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Jakubik, Petr, 2012. "Bank stress tests as an information device for emerging markets : The case of Russia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 3/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Barbora Šútorová & Petr Teplý, 2014. "The Level of Capital and the Value of EU Banks under Basel III," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2014(2), pages 143-161.
- RNuket Kirci Cevik & Sel Dibooglu & Ali M. Kutan, 2016. "Real and Financial Sector Studies in Central and Eastern Europe: A Review," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 66(1), pages 2-31, February.
- Avery, Robert B. & Berger, Allen N., 1991. "Risk-based capital and deposit insurance reform," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 847-874, September.
- Reint Gropp & Florian Heider, 2010. "The Determinants of Bank Capital Structure," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 14(4), pages 587-622.
- Jiøí Witzany, 2010. "On Deficiencies and Possible Improvements of the Basel II Unexpected Loss Single-Factor Model," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 60(3), pages 252-268, August.
- Karel Janda, 2011. "Inefficient Credit Rationing and Public Support of Commercial Credit Provision," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 167(2), pages 371-391, June.
- Kersten Kellermann & Carsten Schlag, 2013. "Occupy risk weighting: how the minimum leverage ratio dominates capital requirements: A Swiss example," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(4), pages 353-372, November.
- Adrian, Tobias & Shin, Hyun Song, 2010. "Liquidity and leverage," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 418-437, July.
- Arturo Estrella & Sangkyun Park & Stavros Peristiani, 2000. "Capital ratios as predictors of bank failure," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 33-52.
- Kellermann, Kersten & Schlag, Carsten, 2013. "Occupy Risk Weighting: How the Minimum Leverage Ratio dominates Capital Requirements - A Swiss Example," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79901, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Karel Janda, 2011. "Credit Rationing and Public Support of Commercial Credit," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp436, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Karel Janda & Eva Michalikova & Jiri Skuhrovec, 2013. "Credit Support for Export: Robust Evidence from the Czech Republic," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(12), pages 1588-1610, December.
- Michael Brei & Leonardo Gambacorta, 2014. "The leverage ratio over the cycle," BIS Working Papers 471, Bank for International Settlements.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Janda, Karel & Kravtsov, Oleg, 2017. "Micro-Level Evidences of Moral Hazard in the European Financial Institutions," MPRA Paper 77233, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsLeverage ratio; capital ratio; Basel III; Czech Republic;
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2016-10-23 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2016-10-23 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-RMG-2016-10-23 (Risk Management)
- NEP-TRA-2016-10-23 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:74457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.