Corporate responsibility and national institutions: A quantitative assessment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Globerman, Steven & Shapiro, Daniel, 2002. "Global Foreign Direct Investment Flows: The Role of Governance Infrastructure," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1899-1919, November.
- Ronny Manos & Israel Drori (ed.), 2016. "Corporate Responsibility," Palgrave Macmillan Books, Palgrave Macmillan, number 978-1-137-45072-2.
- Stephen Chen & Petra Bouvain, 2009. "Is Corporate Responsibility Converging? A Comparison of Corporate Responsibility Reporting in the USA, UK, Australia, and Germany," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 299-317, April.
- Marc Vilanova & Josep Lozano & Daniel Arenas, 2009. "Exploring the Nature of the Relationship Between CSR and Competitiveness," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 57-69, April.
- Philipp Harms & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 2002.
"Do Civil and Political Repression Really Boost Foreign Direct Investments?,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 651-663, October.
- Philipp Harms & Heinrich Ursprung, 2001. "Do Civil and Political Repression Really Boost Foreign Direct Investments?," CESifo Working Paper Series 421, CESifo.
- Skouloudis, Antonis, 2014. "Revisiting the national corporate social responsibility index," MPRA Paper 64864, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tarun Khanna & Joe Kogan & Krishna Palepu, 2006. "Globalization and Similarities in Corporate Governance: A Cross-Country Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 69-90, February.
- Dima Jamali & Ben Neville, 2011. "Convergence Versus Divergence of CSR in Developing Countries: An Embedded Multi-Layered Institutional Lens," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 102(4), pages 599-621, September.
- Dima Jamali & Yusuf Sidani & Khalil El-Asmar, 2009. "A Three Country Comparative Analysis of Managerial CSR Perspectives: Insights From Lebanon, Syria and Jordan," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(2), pages 173-192, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caroline K. SOSCHINSKI & Mikaéli da S. GIORDANI & Roberto Carlos KLANN & Maria Margarete B. BRIZOLLA, 2021. "Influence Of National Culture On Corporate Social Responsibility," CrossCultural Management Journal, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 1, pages 71-88, July.
- Simone Pizzi, 2018. "The Relationship between Non-financial Reporting, Environmental Strategies and Financial Performance. Empirical Evidence from Milano Stock Exchange," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, vol. 8(4), pages 1-9, November.
- Qian Hongdao & Sughra Bibi & Asif Khan & Lorenzo Ardito & Mohammad Nurunnabi, 2019. "Does What Goes Around Really Comes Around? The Mediating Effect of CSR on the Relationship between Transformational Leadership and Employee’s Job Performance in Law Firms," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(12), pages 1-19, June.
- Ijaz Ur Rehman & Faisal Shahzad & Khawaja Fawad Latif & Noman Nawab & Abdul Rashid & Shabir Hyder, 2021. "Does corporate social responsibility mediate the influence of national culture on investment inefficiency? Firm‐level evidence from Asia Pacific," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(3), pages 3484-3503, July.
- Iván Arribas & María Dolores Espinós-Vañó & Fernando García & Paula Beatriz Morales-Bañuelos, 2019. "The Inclusion of Socially Irresponsible Companies in Sustainable Stock Indices," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(7), pages 1-14, April.
- Taeuk Kim & Sunmi Yun, 2019. "How Will Changes toward Pro-Environmental Behavior Play in Customers’ Perceived Value of Environmental Concerns at Coffee Shops?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(14), pages 1-19, July.
- Halkos, George & Nomikos, Stylianos, 2021. "Business concerns regarding environmental responsibility," MPRA Paper 105330, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Poonyawat Sreesing & Zhuoran Zhang & Kai-Ping Huang*, 2019. "How Firmsâ€™ Tax Incentives Affect Their Corporate Social Responsibility Activities: Evidence From Thailandâ€™s Tax Cut in 2012," The Journal of Social Sciences Research, Academic Research Publishing Group, vol. 5(3), pages 615-619, 03-2019.
- Farah Ameer, Naveed R. Khan, 2019. "National Culture, Employee's Engagement and Employee's CSR Perceptions in Technology Based Firms of Pakistan," Journal of Management Sciences, Geist Science, Iqra University, Faculty of Business Administration, vol. 6(2), pages 54-74, October.
- Halkos, George & Zisiadou, Argyro, 2016. "Environmental performance index and economic welfare," MPRA Paper 75561, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohsin Abdur Rehman & Muhammad Kashif & Michela Mingione, 2019. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability (CSRS) Initiatives among European and Asian Business Schools: A Web-based Content Analysis," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 20(5), pages 1231-1247, October.
- Yi Zhang & Qianqian Shang & Chun Liu, 2018. "FDI Spillovers on Corporate Social Responsibility: The Channel of Labor Mobility," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(11), pages 1-22, November.
- Appel Mahmud & Donghong Ding & Ataullah Kiani & Md. Morshadul Hasan, 2020. "Corporate Social Responsibility Programs and Community Perceptions of Societal Progress in Bangladesh: A Multimethod Approach," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(2), pages 21582440209, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Víctor Amor-Esteban & Mª-Purificación Galindo-Villardón & Isabel-María García-Sánchez, 2019. "A Multivariate Proposal for a National Corporate Social Responsibility Practices Index (NCSRPI) for International Settings," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 143(2), pages 525-560, June.
- Patrycja Hąbek & Radosław Wolniak, 2016. "Assessing the quality of corporate social responsibility reports: the case of reporting practices in selected European Union member states," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 399-420, January.
- Juelin Yin & Yuli Zhang, 2012. "Institutional Dynamics and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in an Emerging Country Context: Evidence from China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 111(2), pages 301-316, December.
- Kolstad, Ivar & Villanger, Espen, 2008.
"Determinants of foreign direct investment in services,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 518-533, June.
- Ivar Kolstad & Espen Villanger, 2004. "Determinants of foreign direct investment in services," CMI Working Papers WP 2004: 2, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Ines TROJETTE, 2016. "The Effect Of Foreign Direct Investment On Economic Growth: The Institutional Threshold," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 43, pages 111-138.
- Andrew G Ross & Maktoba Omar & Anqi Xu & Samikshya Pandey, 2019. "The impact of institutional quality on Chinese foreign direct investment in Africa," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 34(6), pages 572-588, September.
- Sean Joss Gossel, 2020. "FDI and Elections in Sub-Saharan Africa," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 32(4), pages 1151-1172, September.
- Hong, Seiwoong & Lee, Junyong & Oh, Frederick Dongchuhl & Shin, Donglim, 2023. "Religion and foreign direct investment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(1).
- Akhtaruzzaman, M. & Berg, Nathan & Hajzler, Christopher, 2017.
"Expropriation risk and FDI in developing countries: Does return of capital dominate return on capital?,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 84-107.
- M. Akhtaruzzaman & Nathan Berg & Christopher Hajzler, 2017. "Expropriation Risk and FDI in Developing Countries: Does Return of Capital Dominate Return on Capital?," Staff Working Papers 17-9, Bank of Canada.
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2009.
"Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 18(4), pages 667-709, August.
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2008. "Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2009_04, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Desbordes, Rodolphe & AzÃ©mar, CÃ©line, 2008. "Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-23, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Pisani, Niccolò & Kourula, Arno & Kolk, Ans & Meijer, Renske, 2017. "How global is international CSR research? Insights and recommendations from a systematic review," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 591-614.
- Petya Koleva, 2021. "Towards the Development of an Empirical Model for Islamic Corporate Social Responsibility: Evidence from the Middle East," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 171(4), pages 789-813, July.
- Yerrabati, Sridevi & Hawkes, Denise Donna, 2016. "Institutions and Investment in the South and East Asia and Pacific Region: Evidence from Meta-Analysis," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal (2007-2020), Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel), vol. 10, pages 1-48.
- Yixing Yang & Md. Qamruzzaman & Mohd Ziaur Rehman & Salma Karim, 2021. "Do Tourism and Institutional Quality Asymmetrically Effects on FDI Sustainability in BIMSTEC Countries: An Application of ARDL, CS-ARDL, NARDL, and Asymmetric Causality Test," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(17), pages 1-29, September.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Nada Kobeissi, 2010. "Role of Governance and Institutional Environment in Affecting Cross Border M&As, Alliances and Project Financing: Evidence from Emerging Markets," CEIS Research Paper 156, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 28 May 2010.
- Camarero, Mariam & Montolio, Laura & Tamarit, Cecilio, 2019. "What drives German foreign direct investment? New evidence using Bayesian statistical techniques," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 326-345.
- Fathi Ali & Norbert Fiess & Ronald MacDonald, 2010.
"Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?,"
Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 201-219, April.
- Fathi Ali & Norbert Fiess & Ronald MacDonald, 2008. "Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," Working Papers 2008_26, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Ali, Fathi & Fiess, Norbert & MacDonald, Ronald, 2008. "Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-34, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Mohsin Hasnain Ahmad & Qazi Masood Ahmed, 2014. "Does the Institutional Quality Matter to Attract the Foreign Direct Investment? An Empirical Investigation for Pakistan," South Asia Economic Journal, Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka, vol. 15(1), pages 55-70, March.
- Antonio Andrés & Simplice Asongu & Voxi Amavilah, 2015.
"The Impact of Formal Institutions on Knowledge Economy,"
Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 6(4), pages 1034-1062, December.
- Asongu, Simplice A. & Andrés, Antonio R. & Amavilah, Voxi S. H., 2013. "The Impact of Formal Institutions on Knowledge Economy," MPRA Paper 52206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonio R. Andrés & Simplice A. Asongu & Voxi Amavilah, 2013. "The Impact of Formal Institutions on Knowledge Economy," Development Research Working Paper Series 05/2013, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Antonio R. Andrés & Asongu Simplice & Voxi S. H. Amavilah, 2013. "The Impact of Formal Institutions on Knowledge Economy," Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute. 13/025, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Haseeb Ahmed Shabbir & Hala Maalouf & Michele Griessmair & Nazan Colmekcioglu & Pervaiz Akhtar, 2019. "Exploring Perceptions of Advertising Ethics: An Informant-Derived Approach," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 159(3), pages 727-744, October.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate social responsibility (CSR); national institutions; national index; cross-country analysis.;
All these keywords.
- F55 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Institutional Arrangements
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- Q50 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - General
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
- Q59 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MKT-2016-04-04 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:70210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.