Assessing the strictness of portfolio-related regulation of pension funds: Rethinking the definition of prudent
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Raffaele Della Croce, 2011. "Pension Funds Investment in Infrastructure: Policy Actions," OECD Working Papers on Finance, Insurance and Private Pensions 13, OECD Publishing.
- Jacob A. Bikker & Dirk W.G.A. Broeders & Dirk Jan de Dreu, 2010.
"Stock Market Performance and Pension Fund Investment Policy: Rebalancing, Free Float, or Market Timing?,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 6(2), pages 53-79, June.
- J.A. Bikker & D.W.G.A Broeders & J. de Dreu, 2007. "Stock Market Performance and Pension Fund Investment Policy: Rebalancing, Free Float, or Market Timing," Working Papers 07-27, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Jacob A. Bikker & Dirk W.G.A. Broeders & Jan de Dreu, 2007. "Stock market performance and pension fund investment policy: rebalancing, free float, or market timing?," DNB Working Papers 154, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Jacob A. Bikker & Laura Spierdijk & Paul Finnie, 2007. "Stock market performance and pension fund investment policy: rebalancing, free float, or market timing?," DNB Working Papers 156, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Patrice Muller & Graham Bishop & Shaan Devnani & Mark Lewis & Rohit Ladher, 2012. "Non-bank financial institutions: assessment of their impact on the stability of the financial system," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 472, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Srinivas, P.S. & Whitehouse, Edward & Yermo, Juan, 2000.
"Regulating private pension funds'structure, performance, and investments : cross-country evidence,"
Social Protection Discussion Papers and Notes
23302, The World Bank.
- Srinivas, P.S. & Whitehouse, Edward & Yermo, Juan, 2000. "Regulating private pension funds’ structure, performance and investments: cross-country evidence," MPRA Paper 14753, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas, Ashok & Spataro, Luca & Mathew, Nanditha, 2014.
"Pension funds and stock market volatility: An empirical analysis of OECD countries,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 92-103.
- Thomas Ashok & Luca Spataro & Mathew Nanditha, 2013. "Pension funds and Stock Market Volatility: An Empirical Analysis of OECD countries," Discussion Papers 2013/162, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Raffaele Della Croce, 2012. "Trends in Large Pension Fund Investment in Infrastructure," OECD Working Papers on Finance, Insurance and Private Pensions 29, OECD Publishing.
- Musalem, Alberto R. & Pasquini, Ricardo, 2012. "Private pension systems : cross-country investment performance," Social Protection Discussion Papers and Notes 68937, The World Bank.
- Vittas, Dimitri, 1998. "Regulatory controversies of private pension funds," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1893, The World Bank.
- Ling-Ni Boon & Marie Brière & Carole Gresse & Bas J. M. Werker, 2013. "Regulatory Environment and Pension Investment Performance," Post-Print hal-01492619, HAL.
- Waldo Tapia, 2008. "Comparing Aggregate Investment Returns in Privately Managed Pension Funds: An Initial Assessment," OECD Working Papers on Insurance and Private Pensions 21, OECD Publishing.
- Shi, Zhen & Werker, Bas J.M., 2012. "Short-horizon regulation for long-term investors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3227-3238.
- Hoevenaars, Roy P.M.M. & Molenaar, Roderick D.J. & Schotman, Peter C. & Steenkamp, Tom B.M., 2008. "Strategic asset allocation with liabilities: Beyond stocks and bonds," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 2939-2970, September.
- Bohl, Martin T. & Lischewski, Judith & Voronkova, Svitlana, 2010. "Pension funds' performance in strongly regulated industries in Central Europe: Evidence from Poland and Hungary," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-076, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Pablo Antolín, 2008. "Pension Fund Performance," OECD Working Papers on Insurance and Private Pensions 20, OECD Publishing.
More about this item
Keywordspension funds regulation; pension funds performance; portfolio-related regulation; regulatory impact;
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.