Innovation and Innovation Policy in the Nordic Region
This paper reports on a desk-study on innovation performance and policies influencing it in four Nordic countries. The study is entirely based on published sources, either on the web (Eurostat, the OECD, the World Bank etc.), or in the form of articles, books, reports and evaluations. The first section introduces the study and deals with conceptual issues. Section two contains a descriptive analysis of innovation activities in the Nordic area and a broader set of countries with which the Nordic countries may be compared with the help of data from the Community Innovation Survey (CIS) and other relevant sources. Section three of the paper, then, presents - for four Nordic countries – an analysis of their innovation policies and how these have evolved towards their present stance. Lessons and questions for further research are discussed in the fourth and final section.
|Date of creation:||2014|
|Date of revision:||2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan Fagerberg, 2010. "The Changing Global Economic Landscape: The Factors that Matter," Chapters, in: The Shape of the Division of Labour, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jan Fagerberg & David C Mowery & Bart Verspagen, 2009.
"The evolution of Norway's national innovation system,"
Science and Public Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 36(6), pages 431-444, July.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Mowery, David C & Verspagen, Bart, 2009. "The evolution of Norway’s national innovation system," MPRA Paper 19330, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jan Fagerberg & David Mowery & Bart Verspagen, 2008. "Innovation-systems, path-dependency and policy: The co-evolution of science, technology and innovation policy and industrial structure in a small, resource-based economy," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20080624, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Fosaas, Morten & Bell, Martin & Martin, Ben R., 2011.
"Christopher Freeman: social science entrepreneur,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 897-916, September.
- Narula, Rajneesh, 2002. "Innovation systems and 'inertia' in R&D location: Norwegian firms and the role of systemic lock-in," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 795-816, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.