Do Large Governments Decrease Happiness?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon Luechinger & Mark Schelker & Alois Stutzer, 2014. "Governance, bureaucratic rents, and well-being differentials across US states," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(2), pages 443-464.
- Hayo, Bernd & Seifert, Wolfgang, 2003.
"Subjective economic well-being in Eastern Europe,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 329-348, June.
- Bernd Hayo & Wolfgang Seifert, 2002. "Subjective Economic Well-Being in Eastern Europe," Development and Comp Systems 0203001, EconWPA.
- Hayo, Bernd & Seifert, Wolfgang, 2002. "Subjective economic well-being in Eastern Europe," IBES Diskussionsbeiträge 120, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of Business and Economic Studie (IBES).
- Eiji Yamamura, 2012.
"The Effects of Information Asymmetry and Government Size on Happiness: A Case Study from Japan,"
The IUP Journal of Governance and Public Policy,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(1), pages 7-20, March.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "The effects of information asymmetry and government size on happiness: A case study from Japan," MPRA Paper 27182, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George MacKerron, 2012. "Happiness Economics From 35 000 Feet," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 705-735, September.
- M. Ali Choudhary & Paul Levine & Peter McAdam & Peter Welz, 2012. "The happiness puzzle: analytical aspects of the Easterlin paradox," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(1), pages 27-42, January.
- Zohal Hessami, 2010.
"The Size and Composition of Government Spending in Europe and Its Impact on Well-Being,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 346-382, August.
- Hessami, Zohal, 2010. "The Size and Composition of Government Spending in Europe and Its Impact on Well-Being," MPRA Paper 21195, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Hauk & Romain Wacziarg, 2009. "A Monte Carlo study of growth regressions," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 103-147, June.
- Pouwels, Babette & Siegers, Jacques & Vlasblom, Jan Dirk, 2008. "Income, working hours, and happiness," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 72-74, April.
- Di Tella, Rafael & MacCulloch, Robert, 2008.
"Gross national happiness as an answer to the Easterlin Paradox?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 22-42, April.
- Rafael Di Tella & Robert MacCulloch, 2005. "Gross National Happiness as an Answer to the Easterlin Paradox?," Macroeconomics 0504027, EconWPA.
- Stefano Bartolini & Ennio Bilancini, 2010. "If not only GDP, what else? Using relational goods to predict the trends of subjective well-being," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 57(2), pages 199-213, June.
More about this item
KeywordsHappiness; Life Satisfaction; Government Size; Fiscal Deficits; Public Debt; Europe;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2014-03-22 (European Economics)
- NEP-HAP-2014-03-22 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-PBE-2014-03-22 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:54418. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .