On the pseudo-equilibrium manifold in semi-algebraic economies with real financial assets
The aim of this paper is to prove that if the consumption set of an economy with incomplete financial markets is semi-algebraic, then the corresponding pseudo-equilibrium manifold is also semi-algebraic. For this, we proceed by constructing an incomplete financial economy with real assets and semi-algebraic utility functions. Then, we show that the spot-equilibrium set and the pseudo-equilibrium set are smooth semi-algebraic manifolds. We extent this results by showing that the pseudo-equilibrium natural projection is a semi-algebraic diffeomorphism in each regular point of the semi-algebraic pseudo-equilibrium manifold. It is directly related with the local determinacy of pseudo-equilibrium.
|Date of creation:||09 Mar 2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kubler, Felix & Schmedders, Karl, 2010.
"Competitive equilibria in semi-algebraic economies,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 301-330, January.
- Felix Kuber & Karl Schmedders, 2007. "Competitive Equilibria in Semi-Algebraic Economies," PIER Working Paper Archive 07-013, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Lawrence E. Blume & William R. Zame, 1993.
"The Algebraic Geometry of Perfect and Sequential Equilibrium,"
Game Theory and Information
- Blume, Lawrence E & Zame, William R, 1994. "The Algebraic Geometry of Perfect and Sequential Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 783-794, July.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1970.
"Economies with a Finite Set of Equilibria,"
Econometric Society, vol. 38(3), pages 387-392, May.
- Zhou, Yuqing, 1997. "Genericity Analysis on the Pseudo-Equilibrium Manifold," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 79-92, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:54297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.