A teoria econômica da religião: aspectos gerais
[Economics of religion: general aspects]
This work aims to present the Economics of Religion. The methodology used is a literature review. Shows the importance of religion from the perspective of Economics . It addresses the connections between Economics of Religion and Rational Choice Theory. We present the concepts of religious commodity, consumer and religious producers . We discuss the differences between the Economics of Religion and the Secularization Thesis, emphasizing, mainly, the empirical reality of the persistence and intensity of religious factor. Is commented on the level of religious beliefs among researchers of Natural Sciences and Social Sciences in the USA It also presents the origin and subsequent development of the Economics of Religion . Explains the issues on which leans this discipline , ie, its object of study . The main conclusion is that , given the specificity of the Economics of Religion, research linking religion and economics can benefit both disciplines in different ways .
|Date of creation:||25 Nov 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Azzi, Corry & Ehrenberg, Ronald G, 1975. "Household Allocation of Time and Church Attendance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(1), pages 27-56, February.
- M. Fase, 2005. "On Economics and Religion," De Economist, Springer, vol. 153(1), pages 85-106, December.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1999.
NBER Working Papers
7300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert B. Ekelund Jr. & Robert F. Hébert & Robert D. Tollison, 2005. "Adam Smith on Religion and Market Structure," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 37(4), pages 647-660, Winter.
- Cosgel, Metin M. & Minkler, Lanse, 2004.
"Rationality, integrity, and religious behavior,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 329-341, July.
- Stark, Rodney & Iannaccone, Laurence R & Finke, Roger, 1996. "Religion, Science, and Rationality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 433-37, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:52012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.