Religion, Science, and Rationality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Poterba, James M., 1995. "Balanced Budget Rules and Fiscal Policy: Evidence From the States," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 48(3), pages 329-336, September.
- Bunch, Beverly S, 1991. "The Effect of Constitutional Debt Limits on Stage Governments' Use of Public Authorities," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 68(1-3), pages 57-69, January.
- Poterba, James M, 1994.
"State Responses to Fiscal Crises: The Effects of Budgetary Institutions and Politics,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 799-821, August.
- James M. Poterba, 1993. "State Responses to Fiscal Crisis: The Effects of Budgetary Institutionsand Politics," NBER Working Papers 4375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poterba, James M., 1995. "Balanced Budget Rules and Fiscal Policy: Evidence From the States," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 48(3), pages 329-36, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Frijters & Juan D. Barón, 2012.
"The Cult of Theoi: Economic Uncertainty and Religion,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(s1), pages 116-136, June.
- Frijters, Paul & Barón, Juan D., 2010. "The Cult of Theoi: Economic Uncertainty and Religion," IZA Discussion Papers 4902, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Granger, Maury D. & Price, Gregory N., 2007. "The tree of science and original sin: Do christian religious beliefs constrain the supply of scientists?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 144-160, February.
- Yazdani, Naveed & Mamoon, Dawood, 2012. "Economics, education and religion: can western theories be generalized across religions?," MPRA Paper 36793, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kim, Yong Jin & Lee, Chul-In, 2015. "Social values and economic dynamics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 69-84.
- Miles S. Kimball & Colter M. Mitchell & Arland D. Thornton & Linda C. Young-Demarco, 2009. "Empirics on the Origins of Preferences: The Case of College Major and Religiosity," NBER Working Papers 15182, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S. Brock Blomberg & Thomas DeLeire & Gregory D. Hess, 2006. "The (After) Life-Cycle Theory of Religious Contributions," CESifo Working Paper Series 1854, CESifo Group Munich.
- EdwardÂ L. Glaeser & BruceÂ I. Sacerdote, 2008.
"Education and Religion,"
Journal of Human Capital,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(2), pages 188-215.
- Bruce Sacerdote & Edward L. Glaeser, 2001. "Education and Religion," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1913, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Bruce Sacerdote & Edward L. Glaeser, 2001. "Education and Religion," NBER Working Papers 8080, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence Iannaccone & Eli Berman, 2006.
"Religious extremism: The good, the bad, and the deadly,"
Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 109-129, July.
- Eli Berman & Laurence R. Iannaccone, 2005. "Religious Extremism: The Good, The Bad, and The Deadly," NBER Working Papers 11663, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliveira, Livio Luiz Soares de, 2013.
"A teoria econômica da religião: aspectos gerais
[Economics of religion: general aspects]," MPRA Paper 52012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lambarraa, Fatima & Riener, Gerhard, 2015. "On the norms of charitable giving in Islam: Two field experiments in Morocco," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 69-84.
- Zafirovski, Milan, 1998. "Socio-economics and rational choice theory: Specification of their relations," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 165-205.
- Shy, Oz, 2007.
"Dynamic models of religious conformity and conversion: Theory and calibrations,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 1127-1153, July.
- Oz Shy, 2005. "Dynamic Models of Religious Conformity and Conversion: Theory and Calibrations," CIG Working Papers SP II 2005-12, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Chermak, Janie M. & Krause, Kate, 2002. "Individual Response, Information, and Intergenerational Common Pool Problems," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 47-70, January.
- Ianina Rossi & Máximo Rossi, 2004. "Religión," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1704, Department of Economics - dECON.
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:52:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11135-017-0471-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iyer, S. & Velu, C. & Xue, J. & Chakravarty, T., 2011. "Divine Innovation: Religion and Service Provision by Religious Organizations in India," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1135, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:26:y:2004:i:1:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:86:y:1996:i:2:p:433-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.