Almost Stochastic Dominance for Risk-Averse and Risk-Seeking Investors
In this paper we �first develop a theory of almost stochastic dominance for risk-seeking investors to the first three orders. Thereafter, we study the relationship between the preferences of almost stochastic dominance for risk-seekers with that for risk averters.
|Date of creation:||27 Nov 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guo, Xu & Post, Thierry & Wong, Wing-Keung & Zhu, Lixing, 2014.
"Moment conditions for Almost Stochastic Dominance,"
Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 163-167.
- Meyer, Jack, 1977. "Second Degree Stochastic Dominance with Respect to a Function," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 477-87, June.
- Wing-Keung Wong, 2007.
"Stochastic Dominance and Mean-Variance Measures of Profit and Loss for Business Planning and Investment,"
Finance Working Papers
21922, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Wong, Wing-Keung, 2007. "Stochastic dominance and mean-variance measures of profit and loss for business planning and investment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 182(2), pages 829-843, October.
- Wing-Keung Wong, 2007. "Stochastic Dominance and Mean-Variance Measures of Profit and Loss for Business Planning and Investment," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0705, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "The Utility of Wealth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60, pages 151.
- D. Crainich & L. Eeckhoudt & A. Trannoy, 2013.
"Even (mixed) risk-lovers are prudent,"
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger, 2005.
"Putting Risk in its Proper Place,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1462, CESifo Group Munich.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHLESINGER, Harris, . "Putting risk in its proper place," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1871, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- L. Eeckhoudt & H. Schlesinger, 2006. "Putting risk in its proper place," Post-Print hal-00283170, HAL.
- Bali, Turan G. & Demirtas, K. Ozgur & Levy, Haim & Wolf, Avner, 2009. "Bonds versus stocks: Investors' age and risk taking," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 817-830, September.
- Post, Thierry & Versijp, Philippe, 2007. "Multivariate Tests for Stochastic Dominance Efficiency of a Given Portfolio," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(02), pages 489-515, June.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R, 1969. "Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Haim Levy & Moshe Leshno & Boaz Leibovitch, 2010. "Economically relevant preferences for all observed epsilon," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 176(1), pages 153-178, April.
- Thierry Post & Haim Levy, 2005. "Does Risk Seeking Drive Stock Prices? A Stochastic Dominance Analysis of Aggregate Investor Preferences and Beliefs," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(3), pages 925-953.
- Haim Levy, 1992. "Stochastic Dominance and Expected Utility: Survey and Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(4), pages 555-593, April.
- Moshe Leshno & Haim Levy, 2002. "Preferred by "All" and Preferred by "Most" Decision Makers: Almost Stochastic Dominance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(8), pages 1074-1085, August.
- DENUIT, Michel M. & EECKHOUDT, Louis, .
"A general index of absolute risk attitude,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
2210, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fong, Wai Mun & Lean, Hooi Hooi & Wong, Wing Keung, 2008. "Stochastic dominance and behavior towards risk: The market for Internet stocks," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 194-208, October.
- H. Schlesinger & L. Eeckhoudt & I. Tsetlin, 2009.
"Apportioning of risks via stochastic dominance,"
- James Tobin, 1956.
"Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
14, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Levy, Moshe, 2009. "Almost Stochastic Dominance and stocks for the long run," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 250-257, April.
- Chan, Raymond H. & Clark, Ephraim & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2012. "On the Third Order Stochastic Dominance for Risk-Averse and Risk-Seeking Investors," MPRA Paper 42676, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Menezes, C & Geiss, C & Tressler, J, 1980. "Increasing Downside Risk," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 921-32, December.
- Whitmore, G A, 1970. "Third-Degree Stochastic Dominance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 457-59, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51744. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.