Even (mixed) risk lovers are prudent
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Menezes, Carmen F. & Wang, X.Henry, 2005. "Increasing outer risk," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 875-886, November.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Schlesinger, Harris & Tsetlin, Ilia, 2009.
"Apportioning of risks via stochastic dominance,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 144(3), pages 994-1003, May.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger & Ilia Tsetlin, 2008. "Apportioning of Risks via Stochastic Dominance," CESifo Working Paper Series 2467, CESifo Group Munich.
- H. Schlesinger & L. Eeckhoudt & I. Tsetlin, 2009. "Apportioning of risks via stochastic dominance," Post-Print hal-00567952, HAL.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHELSINGER, Harris & TSETLIN, Ilia, 2009. "Apportioning of risks via stochastic dominance," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2096, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cary Deck & Harris Schlesinger, 2010. "Exploring Higher Order Risk Effects," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 77(4), pages 1403-1420.
- Caballe, Jordi & Pomansky, Alexey, 1996. "Mixed Risk Aversion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 485-513, November.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger, 2006.
"Putting Risk in Its Proper Place,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 280-289, March.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger, 2005. "Putting Risk in its Proper Place," CESifo Working Paper Series 1462, CESifo Group Munich.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHLESINGER, Harris, 2006. "Putting risk in its proper place," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1871, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- L. Eeckhoudt & H. Schlesinger, 2006. "Putting risk in its proper place," Post-Print hal-00283170, HAL.
- Charles N. Noussair & Stefan T. Trautmann & Gijs van de Kuilen, 2014.
"Higher Order Risk Attitudes, Demographics, and Financial Decisions,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 81(1), pages 325-355.
- Noussair, C.N. & Trautmann, S.T. & van de Kuilen, G., 2011. "Higher Order Risk Attitudes, Demographics, and Financial Decisions," Discussion Paper 2011-055, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ekern, Steinar, 1980. "Increasing Nth degree risk," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 329-333.
- Menezes, C & Geiss, C & Tressler, J, 1980. "Increasing Downside Risk," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 921-932, December.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
More about this item
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-04-17 (Business Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2012-04-17 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ies:wpaper:e201105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joao DA CUNHA). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iesegfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.