Interconnection of Cable Networks: A Regulation Proposal for Broadband Internet Services
In this article a brief revision of the European and Portuguese Regulatory frameworks is made, especially in terms of the interconnection of broadband internet services that are offered by cable operators. A formalization with two cable networks is presented, in order to obtain a benchmark for symmetric networks, and two scenarios: collusion and regulated market; are developed. This justifies the implementation of regulatory policies, with the establishment of caps for the interconnection tariffs, in order to assure a larger penetration rate of the broadband internet services and a bigger total welfare.
|Date of creation:||16 Oct 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1994.
"Access pricing and competition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1673-1710, December.
- J-J. Laffont & J. Tirole, 1994. "Access Pricing and Competition," Working papers 95-11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "Access Pricing and Competition," Working papers 94-31, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Carlos Osório & João Leitão, 2001. "O Papel do Goodwill na Determinação do Nível Óptimo de Publicidade," Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 4(1), September.
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Shy,Oz, 2001. "The Economics of Network Industries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521805001, November.
- Michael Carter & Julian Wright, 2003. "Asymmetric Network Interconnection," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 22(1), pages 27-46, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:487. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.