Report NEP-ICT-2006-11-12This is the archive for NEP-ICT, a report on new working papers in the area of Information & Communication Technologies. Walter Frisch issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Menzie D. Chinn & Robert W. Fairlie, 2006. "ICT Use in the Developing World: An Analysis of Differences in Computer and Internet Penetration," Working Papers 06-03, NET Institute, revised Sep 2006.
- Michal Grajek & Tobias Kretschmer, 2006. "Usage and Diffusion of Cellular Telephony, 1998-2004," Working Papers 06-21, NET Institute, revised Oct 2006.
- Stephen Ryan & Catherine Tucker, 2006. "Heterogeneity and the Dynamics of Technology Adoption," Working Papers 06-26, NET Institute, revised Oct 2006.
- Yongmin Chen & Chuan He, 2006. "Paid Placement: Advertising and Search on the Internet," Working Papers 06-02, NET Institute, revised Sep 2006.
- Ke-Wei Huang & Arun Sundararajan, 2006. "Pricing Digital Goods: Discontinuous Costs and Shared Infrastructure," Working Papers 06-11, NET Institute, revised Sep 2006.
- Nicholas Economides, 2006. "Public Policy in Network Industries," Working Papers 06-01, NET Institute, revised Sep 2006.
- Seung-Hyun Hong & Leonardo Rezende, 2006. "Network Effects, Switching Costs, and Underlying Preferences in Operating Systems for Servers: A Case of Linux vs. Windows," Working Papers 06-12, NET Institute, revised Sep 2006.
- Edmond Baranes, 2006. "Bundling and Collusion on Communications Markets," Working Papers 06-17, NET Institute, revised Oct 2006.
- Anindya Ghose & Bin Gu, 2006. "Search Costs, Demand Structure and Long Tail in Electronic Markets: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 06-19, NET Institute, revised Oct 2006.
- Pedro Pereira & Tiago Ribeiro, 2006. "The Impact on Broadband Access to the Internet of the Dual Ownership of Telephone and Cable Networks," Working Papers 06-10, NET Institute, revised Aug 2006.
- Janice Tsai & Lorrie Cranor & Alessandro Acquisti & Christina Fong, 2006. "What’s It To You? A Survey of Online Privacy Concerns and Risks," Working Papers 06-29, NET Institute.
- Leitão, João, 2006. "Interconnection of Cable Networks: A Regulation Proposal for Broadband Internet Services," MPRA Paper 487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chris Forman & Anindya Ghose & Avi Goldfarb, 2006. "Geography and Electronic Commerce: Measuring Convenience, Selection, and Price," Working Papers 06-15, NET Institute, revised Sep 2006.
- Kostas G. Anagnostakis & Fotios C. Harmantzis & Sotiris Ioannidis & Manaf Zghaibeh, 2006. "On the Impact of Practical P2P Incentive Mechanisms on User Behavior," Working Papers 06-14, NET Institute, revised Sep 2006.