Skrócona wersja Skali Postaw Wobec Pieniędzy SPP-25. Dobór pozycji i walidacja narzędzia
[Short version of Money Attitudes Questionnaire. Items selection and scale validation]
Money Attitude Questionnaire is an original, Polish scale measuring cognitive, emotional and behavioral aspects of attitudes towards money. Because of its considerable length, in this paper I present a new, short version of this scale. The items were selected on the basis of factor loading and discrimination coefficients, based on the data obtained from an adult sample (N = 1447). Internal validity of the short scale was established with confirmatory factor analyses conducted on two representative samples. The comparison between original and short MAQ scales demonstrated that the short version revealed psychometric characteristics and correlation with other scales similar to full version. Moreover, using short scale to measure money attitudes as moderator in experimental study led to better results than using full scale. To conclude, short MAQ scale seems to be a useful tool to measure individual differences revealing money attitudes, and might be a useful tool for future research on social and economic behavior.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2013|
|Date of revision:||Apr 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jonas, Eva & Sullivan, Daniel & Greenberg, Jeff, 2013. "Generosity, greed, norms, and death – Differential effects of mortality salience on charitable behavior," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 47-57.
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. " A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-316, December.
- Gasiorowska, Agata, 2013.
"Skala Postaw Wobec Pieniędzy SPP: Konstrukcja i walidacja narzędzia pomiarowego
[Money Attitudes Questionnaire MAQ: Development and validation of measurement scale]," MPRA Paper 46515, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zaleskiewicz, Tomasz & Gasiorowska, Agata & Kesebir, Pelin & Luszczynska, Aleksandra & Pyszczynski, Tom, 2013. "Money and the fear of death: The symbolic power of money as an existential anxiety buffer," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 55-67.
- Furnham, Adrian, 1999. "The saving and spending habits of young people," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 677-697, December.
- T. Tang, 2007. "Income and Quality of Life: Does the Love of Money Make a Difference?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 72(4), pages 375-393, June.
- Belk, Russell W. & Wallendorf, Melanie, 1990. "The sacred meanings of money," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 35-67, March.
- Prince, Melvin, 1993. "Self-concept, money beliefs and values," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 161-173, March.
- Thomas Tang & Yuh-Jia Chen, 2008. "Intelligence Vs. Wisdom: The Love of Money, Machiavellianism, and Unethical Behavior across College Major and Gender," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 82(1), pages 1-26, September.