Skala Postaw Wobec Pieniędzy SPP: Konstrukcja i walidacja narzędzia pomiarowego
[Money Attitudes Questionnaire MAQ: Development and validation of measurement scale]
Money attitudes are defined as relatively stable disposition to certain emotio- nal reactions to money, together with accompanying evaluations, opinions, and potentials ascribed to money and dispositions to certain financial behavior. This paper presents a new Polish scale to measure money attitudes. SPP Money Attitu- des Questionnaire consists of 58 items grouped in seven dimensions: control and planning, power, anxiety, debt aversion, occasion seeking, root of the evil, and pre- ference for cash. To verify the structure of the scale exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis was used. Validation studies were conducted on several heterogenic samples (taken together, N = 3375). Their results prove satisfactory reliability of the new scale, evaluated as internal consistency and test-retest reliability, and its good internal and external validity.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Furnham, Adrian, 1999. "The saving and spending habits of young people," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 677-697, December.
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. " A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-16, December.
- Belk, Russell W. & Wallendorf, Melanie, 1990. "The sacred meanings of money," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 35-67, March.
- Prince, Melvin, 1993. "Self-concept, money beliefs and values," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 161-173, March.
- T. Tang, 2007. "Income and Quality of Life: Does the Love of Money Make a Difference?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 72(4), pages 375-393, June.
- Hanley, Alice & Wilhelm, Mari S., 1992. "Compulsive buying: An exploration into self-esteem and money attitudes," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 5-18, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.