Financial Behaviors and Financial Well-Being of College Students: Evidence from a National Survey
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. " A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-16, December.
- Faber, Ronald J & O'Guinn, Thomas C, 1992. " A Clinical Screener for Compulsive Buying," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(3), pages 459-69, December.
- Miriam Tatzel, 2003. "The Art of Buying: Coming to Terms with Money and Materialism," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 405-435, December.
- Hanley, Alice & Wilhelm, Mari S., 1992. "Compulsive buying: An exploration into self-esteem and money attitudes," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 5-18, March.
- Lynne Borden & Sun-A Lee & Joyce Serido & Dawn Collins, 2008. "Changing College Students’ Financial Knowledge, Attitudes, and Behavior through Seminar Participation," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 23-40, March.
- Esperanza Vera-Toscano & Victoria Ateca-Amestoy & Rafael Serrano-del-Rosal, 2004.
"Building Financial Satisfaction,"
IESA Working Papers Series
0412, Institute for Social Syudies of Andalusia - Higher Council for Scientific Research.
- Sheri Worthy & Jeffrey Jonkman & Lynn Blinn-Pike, 2010. "Sensation-Seeking, Risk-Taking, and Problematic Financial Behaviors of College Students," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 161-170, June.
- Tokunaga, Howard, 1993. "The use and abuse of consumer credit: Application of psychological theory and research," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 285-316, June.
- Ed Diener & Robert Biswas-Diener, 2002. "Will Money Increase Subjective Well-Being?," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 57(2), pages 119-169, February.
- Chang-ming Hsieh, 2004. "Income and Financial Satisfaction among Older Adults in the United States," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 66(3), pages 249-266, May.
- Tzu-Chin Peng & Suzanne Bartholomae & Jonathan Fox & Garrett Cravener, 2007. "The Impact of Personal Finance Education Delivered in High School and College Courses," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 265-284, June.
- Rindfleisch, Aric & Burroughs, James E & Denton, Frank, 1997. " Family Structure, Materialism, and Compulsive Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(4), pages 312-25, March.
- Jing Xiao & Chuanyi Tang & Soyeon Shim, 2009. "Acting for Happiness: Financial Behavior and Life Satisfaction of College Students," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 92(1), pages 53-68, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfamec:v:32:y:2011:i:4:p:699-714. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.