Diasporas and international entrepreneurship – evidence from the Indian IT industry
ABSTRACT This paper examines the role of the diaspora as a driver of international entrepreneurship in the context of the Indian IT industry. As an initial exploratory analysis of an emerging phenomenon, it is based on case studies to identify the entrepreneur’s diaspora links as a source of knowledge, learning and reputation driving the born global firm towards international acquisition. It contributes as a pioneering effort attempting to combine diverse streams of literature from the diasporas and international entrepreneurship.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- O'Rourke, Kevin Hjortshøj & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 2000.
"The Heckscher-Ohlin Model Between 1400 and 2000: When It Explained Factor Price Convergence, When It Did Not, and Why,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2372, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- O'Rourke, K.H. & Williamson, J.G., 1999. "The Heckscher-Ohlin Model Between 1400 and 2000: When it Explained Factor Price Convergence, Ehen it Did not, and Why," Papers 99/25, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 1999. "The Heckscher-Ohlin Model Between 1400 and 2000: When It Explained Factor Price Convergence, When It Did Not, and Why," NBER Working Papers 7411, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yli-Renko, H. & Autio, E. & Tontti, V., 2002. "Social capital, knowledge, and the international growth of technology-based new firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 279-304, June.
- Arora, Ashish & Arunachalam, V. S. & Asundi, Jai & Fernandes, Ronald, 2001. "The Indian software services industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1267-1287, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:47207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.