What Do Parties Do in Congress? Explaining the Allocation of Legislative Specialization
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zellner, Arnold & Rossi, Peter E., 1984. "Bayesian analysis of dichotomous quantal response models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 365-393, July.
- Weingast, Barry R & Marshall, William J, 1988. "The Industrial Organization of Congress; or, Why Legislatures, Like Firms, Are Not Organized as Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 132-163, February.
- Maria Victoria Murillo & Ben Ross Schneider & Mercedes Iacoviello & Carlos Scartascini & Francisco Monaldi & J. Mark Payne & Cecilia Martínez-Gallardo & Ernesto H. Stein & Koldo Echebarría & Laurence , 2006. "The Politics of Policies: Economic and Social Progress in Latin America: 2006 Report," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 79599 edited by J. Mark Payne & Ernesto H. Stein & Koldo Echebarría & Eduardo Lora & Nancy Morrison & Mariano Tommas, February.
- Gilligan, Thomas W & Krehbiel, Keith, 1987. "Collective Decisionmaking and Standing Committees: An Informational Rationale for Restrictive Amendment Procedures," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 287-335, Fall.
- John Creedy, 1998. "The Dynamics of Inequality and Poverty," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1484.
More about this item
Keywordslegislative specialization; programmatic parties; congress; Latin America;
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAM-2013-05-05 (Central & South America)
- NEP-POL-2013-05-05 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46573. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .