Managing the Uncertainty in the Hodrick Prescott Filter
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Albert Marcet & Morte O. Ravn, "undated".
"The HP-Filter in Cross-Country Comparisons,"
Studies on the Spanish Economy
- Marcet, Albert & Ravn, Morten O, 2004. "The HP-Filter in Cross-Country Comparisons," CEPR Discussion Papers 4244, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Albert Marcet & Morten O. Ravn, 2003. "The HP-Filter in Cross-Country Comparisons," Working Papers 32, Barcelona School of Economics.
- Albert Marcet & Morten O. Ravn, 2001. "The HP-filter in cross-country comparisons," Economics Working Papers 588, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Dec 2003.
- Albert Marcet & Morten Ravn, 2001. "GAUSS code for the HP-filter reformulated as a constrained minimization problem," QM&RBC Codes 103, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ageliki Anagnostou & Ioannis Panteladis & Maria Tsiapa, 2015.
"Disentangling different patterns of business cycle synchronicity in the EU regions,"
Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 615-641, August.
- Ageliki Anagnostou & Ioannis Panteladis & Maria Tsiapa, 2012. "Disentangling Different Patterns of Business Cycle Synchronicity in The EU Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa12p924, European Regional Science Association.
- Facundo Piguillem & Anderson Schneider, 2013.
"Heterogeneous Labor Skills, The Median Voter and Labor Taxes,"
Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 16(2), pages 332-349, April.
- Anderson L. Schneider & Facundo Piguillem, 2008. "Heterogeneous Labor Skills, The Median Voter and Labor Taxes," 2008 Meeting Papers 835, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Facundo Piguillem & Anderson L. Schneider, 2010. "Heterogeneous Labor Skills, The Median Voter and Labor Taxes," EIEF Working Papers Series 1002, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Nov 2009.
- Facundo Piguillem & Anderson Schneider, 2013. "Code and data files for "Heterogeneous Labor Skills, The Median Voter and Labor Taxes"," Computer Codes 11-142, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Kosei Fukuda, 2010. "Three new empirical perspectives on the Hodrick–Prescott parameter," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 713-731, December.
- Meriem Djennas & Mohamed Benbouziane & Mustapha Djennas, 2012. "Labor Market Structure, Foreign Trade Competitiveness and Economic Growth in Eurozone," Book Chapters, in: João Sousa Andrade & Marta C. N. Simões & Ivan Stosic & Dejan Eric & Hasan Hanic (ed.), Managing Structural Changes - Trends and Requirements, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 26, pages 471-487, Institute of Economic Sciences.
- Lankester-Campos, Valerie & Loaiza-Marín, Kerry & Monge-Badilla, Carlos, 2020. "Assessing public debt sustainability for Costa Rica using the fiscal reaction function," Latin American Journal of Central Banking (previously Monetaria), Elsevier, vol. 1(1).
- Pablo García S. & Rodrigo Valdés P, 2003. "Dinero e Inflación en el Marco de Metas de Inflación," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 198, Central Bank of Chile.
- Lores, Francisco Xavier, 2001. "Cyclical behaviour of consumption of non-durable goods: Spain versus U.S.A," UC3M Working papers. Economics we014710, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Fabio Busetti & Michele Caivano, 2013. "The trend-cycle decomposition of output and the Phillips curve: Bayesian estimates for Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 941, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Imbs, Jean, 2000. "Sectors and the OECD Business Cycle," CEPR Discussion Papers 2473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jorge Enrique Restrepo & Claudio Soto, 2004. "Regularidades Empíricas de la Economía Chilena," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 301, Central Bank of Chile.
- Francisco de Castro & Francisco Martí & Antonio Montesinos & Javier J. Pérez & Antonio Jesús Sánchez Fuentes, 2018. "A Quarterly Fiscal Database Fit for Macroeconomic Analysis," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 224(1), pages 139-155, March.
- Rand, John & Tarp, Finn, 2002.
"Business Cycles in Developing Countries: Are They Different?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2071-2088, December.
- Rand, John & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Business Cycles in Developing Countries: Are They Different?," MPRA Paper 62445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patricia Aranda-CuÃ©llar & JosÃ© MarÃa LÃ³pez-Morales & MarÃa JesÃºs Such-Devesa, 2021. "Winter tourism dependence: A cyclical and cointegration analysis. Case study for the Alps," Tourism Economics, , vol. 27(7), pages 1540-1560, November.
- Jorge Enrique Restrepo L. & Claudio Soto G., 2006. "Empirical Regularities of the Chilean Economy: 1986-2005," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 9(2), pages 15-40, August.
- M. Ali Choudhary & M. Nadim Hanif & Javed Iqbal, 2014. "On smoothing macroeconomic time series using the modified HP filter," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(19), pages 2205-2214, July.
- Paredes, Joan & Pedregal, Diego J. & Pérez, Javier J., 2009.
"A quarterly fiscal database for the euro area based on intra-annual fiscal information,"
Working Paper Series
1132, European Central Bank.
- Joan Paredes & Diego J. Pedregal & Javier J. Pérez, 2009. "A quarterly fiscal database for the euro area based on intra-annual fiscal information," Working Papers 0935, Banco de España.
- Pablo García S. & Rodrigo Valdés P., 2003. "Money and Inflation in an Inflation-Tageting Regime," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 6(1), pages 21-47, April.
- Bergman, U. Michael & Hutchison, Michael, 2015. "Economic stabilization in the post-crisis world: Are fiscal rules the answer?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 82-101.
- Gerba, Eddie, 2015. "Have the US macro-financial linkages changed? The balance sheet dimension," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59886, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
KeywordsFilter; Hodrick Prescott; Uncertainty;
All these keywords.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44531. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.